Removing Doug Sayer from Wild Sheep Foundation for Idaho political strong-arming

Sayer may be out as chair of WSF, but his influence in Idaho is still there. Watch his actions at home as well as that of his goons. Can't trust this guy any further than I can spit into a hurricane. My opinion. GJ

At least a step forward was taken with him being removed from the chair position. It seems like a slap on the wrist being that he just got demoted and is still allowed to be on the board.

Sayer may be out as chair of WSF, but his influence in Idaho is still there. Watch his actions at home as well as that of his goons. Can't trust this guy any further than I can spit into a hurricane. My opinion. GJ

I'd like to personally show Governor otter this thread.

Fun Fact-
If you google (wild sheep foundation, Doug Sayer) this thread is now the #2 search result. Behind the WSF website.

#3 result has a hunttalker quote.

http://billingsgazette.com/lifestyl...cle_2cd717eb-5072-54fa-96e8-3076b9996591.html

Josh Kuntz, a Boise hunter, wrote to Thornton asking that the foundation publicly condemn Sayer. He said he was disappointed in the response he described as “vanilla” and hoped the foundation would “do the right thing.”

“That right thing should be publicly condemning Doug Sayer for circumventing existing wildlife management procedures and trying to unduly influence the Fish and Game Commission and basically trying to cram something down the throats of Idaho sportsmen without the sportsmen having their chance for input,” Kuntz said.

It's too bad. I was planning on winning a Fannin Sheep hunt before this all broke out. Now I'll just buy more chances from RMBS.

I'll give a report later.

IDWSF has solidified its support of Sayer with this vote. The let Sayer's BIL vote against me.

brymoore,

Its a frickin' said state of affairs when a good person is "punished" for getting the truth out there.

Its never the wrong thing, in my opinion, to stand up for what you believe in and also to side with the average sportsmen in your State. It also takes more than a bit of a spine to fight wildlife politics, its a dirty, cutthroat, and thankless task.

You did good...I'm sure there are other organizations out there that will appreciate your work.

brymoore,

Its a frickin' said state of affairs when a good person is "punished" for getting the truth out there.

Its never the wrong thing, in my opinion, to stand up for what you believe in and also to side with the average sportsmen in your State. It also takes more than a bit of a spine to fight wildlife politics, its a dirty, cutthroat, and thankless task.

You did good...I'm sure there are other organizations out there that will appreciate your work.

This. There are other groups that need your efforts and energy, and are more efficient. Depending on where your passion leads you, you will likely be able to make a bigger impact for yourself, your family, and for the rest of us who value public land hunting in Idaho.

I'll give a report later.

IDWSF has solidified its support of Sayer with this vote. The let Sayer's BIL vote against me.

Now you can tell us how you really feel....

After sitting in on the first meeting I have no doubt it's their loss.

For me it's just one less rubber steak banquet to go to. Maybe someone should start a conversation group who's main focus is to help wild sheep!?

First DU, now Wild Sheep Foundation, it seems when some conservation board members at the top get too much power things start to unravel. Pretty sad considering wild sheep are a species that I feel could use a lot of help from a dedicated conservation group

Brymoore, it's a shame that you were voted out. What's the point in having a board if no one is allowed to have a differing opinion? It's too bad that the rest of the board ditched ethics and aligned with the money and corrupt influence. Sayer's ideas aren't helping benefit Idaho's wild sheep populations, and that is the major downside in this situration

They were afraid that Jose was on the phone call last night. I was grilled for several minutes if I was alone or did I invite anyone to the phone call. They were concerned that non-IDWSF members might be in attendance. I asked what were they hiding?

This whole issue comes down to money. IDWSF president’s first remarks during the initial board meeting discussing Sayer were, “How much money is this going to cost us? Is this really an issue?” No discussion about ethics or integrity. The VP wanted IDWSF to take a neutral view on Sayer. Before every discussion, they would say, “We talked with Sayer and WSF and they want us to…” Furthermore, the president let Sayer’s BIL and employee argue what direction IDWSF should take. Conflict of interest? The president didn’t think it was. If it weren’t for a few board members and past presidents of IDWSF pushing for Idaho, IDWSF would have never taken a stand. Well, they actually never did take a stand.

The VP is a yes man for Sayer and WSF. In my conversations with him after the first expulsion vote, I realized he never read any of the IWF emails. He was giving me Sayer’s auction sales pitch and talking about Sayer’s new Lottery tag bill (coming to you in 2018). It’s a dereliction of duty to represent an organization on an issue and not take the time to understand the issue independently of those involved in it.

I found out between meetings that one of the first year board members was on IDFG’s top 10 poacher watch list. Repeat offender. He has been arrested for trespassing, poaching and illegal guiding. When I asked the president if he knew about this (I hadn’t), he said yes, but he was only convicted of trespassing. It wasn’t a concern of the board.

My second expulsion vote was nothing more than retaliation for Sayer losing his chair. They were protecting a large donor. There was a 30 day campaign against me to ensure the VP had the votes. It was pretty clear that I don’t have first amendment rights if I’m the Treasurer of IDWSF, unless I would agree with them.

After the vote, the office staff who handles the books, banquet and lottery contract gave notice on her contract in protest. She won’t work with the incoming president.

I still have a few buddies on the board. The board used to be split between the SFW types and the BHA types. We kept a truce to work on wild sheep. Not anymore. The power has shifted to those strongly for auction tags, lap tags, bonus points and the Utah model of wildlife management.

I find it troubling that IDWSF wants to turn a blind eye to ethics & integrity. I find it more troubling that an individual who is being watched by IDFG for multiple wildlife crimes was not only considered for, but approved to be a board member. This may be cliche, but what the hell kind of image does that send to the youth involved in these organizations?? I wonder how IDWSF will react if hunters in Idaho keep shutting down the auction tag proposals? Or does it matter what the public says to them since King Sayer's checks keep clearing?

They were afraid that Jose was on the phone call last night. I was grilled for several minutes if I was alone or did I invite anyone to the phone call. They were concerned that non-IDWSF members might be in attendance. I asked what were they hiding?

This is hilarious did you see anyone checking their phone mid meeting looking for a play by play?
As if we didn't know others with that # last night.
That said I hope my actions haven't caused more harm to you than good.
This whole issue comes down to money. IDWSF president’s first remarks during the initial board meeting discussing Sayer were, “How much money is this going to cost us? Is this really an issue?”
James or Zach?
I hope someone tells him it depends on how far down the worm hole they decide to go.
One thing is for sure it is going to cost a lot more than they think in membership.

He was giving me Sayer’s auction sales pitch and talking about Sayer’s new Lottery tag bill (coming to you in 2018).
You know what? Bring it on pussies!

I still have a few buddies on the board. The board used to be split between the SFW types and the BHA types. We kept a truce to work on wild sheep. Not anymore. The power has shifted to those strongly for auction tags, lap tags, bonus points and the Utah model of wildlife management.
They will push out the few remaining good apples or they will start to mold from sitting in that barrel with them.
I'll be sure to let Idf&g, the commission and the legislature that as a hunter the wild sheep foundation does not represent me.

I wonder how the members that voted you out feel about being slaves of Sayer. Think he might order them over to muck out his stalls or pump his septic tank. They probably wouldn't notice since they are covered with his filth and slime from head to toe and their noses are full of it from crawling behind him. Makes me want to puke IMO. GJ

Last edited:
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back