PEAX Equipment

Removing Doug Sayer from Wild Sheep Foundation for Idaho political strong-arming

Thanks for the updates Jose, was going to email Bryan this morning and ask how it went. I was informed by him that the letter I sent to the Idaho State Journal was sent around to all of the board members of WSF and questions were being asked about who wrote it. If they are more concerned about personal agendas rather than about helping the sheep populations, then they will be an organization that I will NOT support, as much as I enjoyed listening to Gray on Randy's podcast, the WSF now is tainted in my eyes.

Thanks for the update, what a shame. My perspective is these outfits are much more about chest pounding, bragging about yourself and putting sheep in a trophy room than they are about putting sheep on the mountain.

I saw a room full of people who were passionate about sheep hunting. Most of them were so passionate that any means are justified by the ends.
One person cared about doing things the right way.
A couple seemed to care but not enough to ruffle any feathers, they said very little.
The rest were on a Witch Hunt.
It was clear Brian was to blame for every bit of outrage every phone call/ Forum post every grievance was due to Brian making his feeling's public. Doug's actions had been previously discussed and WSF national had decided he was a made man he is beyond the scope by which the average man is judged.
How anyone could not see the irony in all of this, I do not know. On the bright side I did walk out of there with perfectly creased wrinkle-free pants.

I did hear mention of huntid73's letter on the list of grief Brian has caused the board.

No doubt they will somehow try to blame our attendance on him also.

Last edited:
I think its sad, and dangerous, to any group that cant look at itself, and its members, when something like this happens.

Sounds to me, that rather than self reflect on the F-up of one of its wealthy members, its just easier and more convenient to vilify those that ask questions.

Not a group I would be willing to support. Questions and an honest reset of priorities at times, is called for.

Bryan, thank you for taking a stand for the average hunter, conservation, wild sheep, and doing what's best for all. Sometimes that's a tough thing to do, most don't have the stomach for it.

Tip of the hat to you...

I'll admit, it was kind of hard to sit in the room and have to listen/watch Bryan go through that.

FWIW...after all of that, a plate full of nachos go pretty good with a Jose Cuervo.

It's not over. They're now upset about a different FB post.

First Amendment rights don't exist if you don't follow the company line.

I'll let you know when the book burning is scheduled.

Don't give in... If you're going to the "sheep show" I hope you keep spreading the word.

Thanks for standing up for what's right!

It was nice meeting Brian and Jose and good to see Fowladdict again.
Brian after sitting in that meeting I hope you are holding your head up high today.

A sincere thank you for having integrity.

A second tip of the hat from me as well Bryan. If there is another meeting where they intend to discuss your actions or your standing on the board, please let me know and I will do my best to show up.

Can I ask what is this thread trying accomplishing for wild sheep in general. All this does is feed the continuing in-fighting in the hunting community and does not help any effort with helping conservation it only fractures the groups even more at the detriment to wild sheep. All I know is that bighorn sheep populations in Idaho have been declining for many years. We need to put our energy into putting sheep on the mountain instead of fighting each other.

Thanks

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back