Remington custom shop barreled actions. $400

So what is the overall concensus ? Thumbs up or oh shit? For me, I only learned some new colors and it has been fun to follow along.

Has anyone checked the headspacing & chamber dimensions?
Wondering if they are running on the loose, or tight side?

Will they "short chamber" the barreled actions?
I have a few AI reamers, but don't want the hassle of taking them apart & setting back the barrel.

I have a few AI reamers, but don't want the hassle of taking them apart & setting back the barrel.
Mine have all been short chambered and the bolts had to be fitted.

I’m still waiting on 2 of the 4 I ordered. Then they’re all going to be finish chambered at once.

The one I received was considerably short. An AI would be more than fine.

I’m still waiting for one that they told me was “with the FFL guy” and would “ship today” MONTHS AGO. A later call and conversion with Stan(who I believe is the “FFL guy”) resulted in the comment that PT&G had not yet received any of those. Not impressed.

I'm not impressed either...

They accidentally sent me a 700 when I ordered a model 7 7mm-08 (arrived in August). I was looking forward to a lighter/shorter build & they said they would have the Model 7 I ordered show up. I finally hear from them yesterday saying they never got the Model 7 in and I could return my 700. Their show seems like a total mess.

Just checked their website and my status on my order has been changed to shipped. No email confirming that yet but my last one showed up at the gunsmiths before I ever got an email saying they shipped it

Just checked their website and my status on my order has been changed to shipped. No email confirming that yet but my last one showed up at the gunsmiths before I ever got an email saying they shipped it
Congrats, mine was supposed to ship last week, still nothing. Lol

Hope all you guys who ordered end up with the goods to assemble a serviceable end product. I'm looking forward to seeing some finished platforms posted.

I had the same experience on my first. I saw that my order status had changed, called my FFL and they had had it for almost two weeks.

I talked to my friend this morning and he never mentioned it showing up so I guess I’ll see.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back