Yeti GOBOX Collection

Remington custom shop barreled actions. $400

Stainless 26” heavy barrel 300 RUM. PTG one piece bolt with black aluminum bolt shroud and knob, otherwise bare. Cut for M16 extractor and dual ejectors. Yay $20 more for a second ejector when I build out the bolt!
CA008B82-C2D7-42CD-B778-7AD326233D12.jpeg

Stainless 26” heavy barrel 300 RUM. PTG one piece bolt with black aluminum bolt shroud and knob, otherwise bare. Cut for M16 extractor and dual ejectors. Yay $20 more for a second ejector when I build out the bolt!
View attachment 190498
I have a bolt with the dual as well, not too excited about it either but it is still a good deal.

View attachment 190498
Don’t install both ejectors? Install one, and glue or pin a pice of drill rod in the other hole.

I assume installing the bottom one would probably work.

I really don’t know why leaving the hole empty would hurt anything.

Last edited:
Picked mine up today
7mm-08 Stainless M700. Heavy barrel. It's a Sako extractor so not sure if that's a factory or PTG bolt?

Not sure how I feel about it. Pretty dang heavy. I ordered the Model 7 but they sent me a 700. I was hoping to keep it short and light and give the rifle to my momma.

IMG_7482.JPEGIMG_7483.JPEGIMG_7484.JPEGIMG_7485.JPEG

Last edited:
I’d send it back if you ordered a Model 7 and received a 700.

Mine have had some adhesive residue on them that looked like rust but came right off with some Kroil.

I’d send it back if you ordered a Model 7 and received a 700.

Mine have had some adhesive residue on them that looked like rust but came right off with some Kroil.
That might be it. I haven't tried to clean it up yet

Picked mine up today
7mm-08 Stainless M700. Heavy barrel. It's a Sako extractor so not sure if that's a factory or PTG bolt?

Not sure how I feel about it. Pretty dang heavy. I ordered the Model 7 but they sent me a 700. I was hoping to keep it short and light and give the rifle to my momma.

View attachment 190546View attachment 190547View attachment 190548View attachment 190549
I could be losing it, but that looks like a sporter barrel.

I don’t know if it will be harder, or more difficult to find a stock, bolt release, and trigger for a Model 7, or Model 700 right now. I’d keep that in mind when deciding whether to ship it back or not.

Last edited:
I could be losing it, but that looks like a sporter barrel.
Hmm. You guys might be right! 4# 2oz for a 24" barreled action sound right? I own a 700 mtn rifle in 3006 so maybe that barrel threw me off?

Hmm. You guys might be right! 4# 2oz for a 24" barreled action sound right? I own a 700 mtn rifle in 3006 so maybe that barrel threw me off?
The mountain probably has a thinner profile than a standard sporter. I’m not certain, someone else would know for sure. I think the mountain rifles are also under 24”.

I can tell you what that a 26” Varmint/Sendero in a 2lb stock with a light scope and rings comes in around 9-10lbs(depending on scope/ring/base combo) You’re well under that. That’s not a Varmint/Sendero contour, and it’s not a magnum sporter either. That looks like a standard sporter contour.

Two piece aluminum bases/aluminum rings/blind magazine(ADL style)/ plastic butt plate(not recoil pad) you can build that under 8lbs. Maybe closer to 7lbs depending on your scope choice.

I have never tried to build a really light rifle. Someone else would know better.

Good, I hope to have one put together and a load developed for my 12 yo by deer season. I have about 6 weeks.

There is a very good post on LRH derived from a conversation with the fromer Manager at the Custom Shop.
The guy that posted it has been shilling for PT&G harder than Muley does for Hammer bullets.

He also said “Some have stocks. I talked to Stan at PT&G and they all have bolts”.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back