PEAX Equipment

Remington custom shop barreled actions. $400

They’re coming with PTG bolts. Highly unlikely that they’re headspaced to those PTG bolts if the barreled actions came from Remington.

anyone know a source for bottom metal? I don’t want a magazine just a hinged floor plate. Looking for BDL style, long action and stainless.

Hawkins precision is where I’d look first. Or Red Hawk rifles has their own brand now that’s pretty nice.

Buddy of mine got a 257 bee, he said a factory round would chamber no problem. I don’t know if saami spec has all of Roy’s jump or not. He’s gonna have his smith take a look. I won’t start on these until winter, unless I get the 257 roberts I ordered. If so my 12 year old who has grown 7“ this summer, and out grown his youth model 243 will be set up with a sweet new deer rifle. (albeit with dog dick red bolt bling)

Buddy of mine got a 257 bee, he said a factory round would chamber no problem. I don’t know if saami spec has all of Roy’s jump or not. He’s gonna have his smith take a look. I won’t start on these until winter, unless I get the 257 roberts I ordered. If so my 12 year old who has grown 7“ this summer, and out grown his youth model 243 will be set up with a sweet new deer rifle. (albeit with dog dick red bolt bling)

Mine barely passes on a go gauge. Don't have to pound the lever over but it closes hard. Gotta be just luck of the draw I'm assuming. I'll probably just finish it by hand.

Mine is definitely short chambered. I dropped a loaded round In it and it was .020+ from closing

By the time I buy bottom metal, mag well, follower, and spring, it gets pretty pricey and, they’re hard to find. I was considering going to a detatchable mag. I’ve looked at Wyatt’s. Anybody have any experience with them? And what size would I use with a 28 nosler? I figured the rum mags would work. What size for 257 weatherby? I figured 300 win mag. I would rather go bdl, just thinking outloud. Any input would be appreciated.

By the time I buy bottom metal, mag well, follower, and spring, it gets pretty pricey and, they’re hard to find. I was considering going to a detatchable mag. I’ve looked at Wyatt’s. Anybody have any experience with them? And what size would I use with a 28 nosler? I figured the rum mags would work. What size for 257 weatherby? I figured 300 win mag. I would rather go bdl, just thinking outloud. Any input would be appreciated.

You can run a factory RUM magazine box for your 28 if using a SAAMI reamer. If your going to throat it longer then a wyatts box is what I’d use. What is your donor action current? If it’s not a RUM action you will need to open the feed rails a little to fit the 28 cases.
For the 257Wby I’d use a factory magazine box also. The LA magnum box is what you need.
I would stick with the BDL setup but that’s just personal preference.

I mentioned a few pages back that there were not many “deals” on that list if they only came with stripped bolts. I feel more right with each post.

Made out good, 280’s and 7mm-08 have PTG 1 piece bolts with M16 extractor cuts. The 223 came with a factory black bolt. Not ideal but I can sell it to get a stainless one. All have factory barrels.

View attachment 189675
All factory barrels and Dave can’t stop going on about how they’re mostly custom barrels and the best actions he’s ever seen….right.

I’ve heard NOTHING from PTG, or my ffl, BUT I finally logged in to PTG and one of them shipped on the 16th. Gonna call the FFL tomorrow. I’m curious to find out what I have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back