Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Remington custom shop barreled actions. $400

Try buying a Remington stainless receiver and ptg one piece bolt for $400
Back when it first came out that Remington was no longer producing actions or complete rifles, Midway had 2 left hand LA SS for around $375 apiece with IIRC free shipping. I regret not buying them if for no other reason than to resell. A PTG bolt may not fix much if the action itself is deficient.

1/2 my order showed up today. No pictures, because my background check was delayed...again. They all three had ptg bolts with the super sexy (🥵) red anodised handles and bolt shrouds. No ejectors, triggers or bolt stops. One action had a very tight fitting bolt, hard to slide, and hard to close. The other two were smooth as glass.

Got mine today, nice lovely Farmall red shroud and knob. I'm pretty sure its the one in the shipping picture posted on the last page. I was going to take my .270 mountain apart and stuff this .25-06 into it and take a picture to ruffle some jimmies that I got a complete rifle...but I couldn't do that to you guys. PTG one piece with a M16 cut.

Someone at PTG…red anodized gun parts rock, let’s do a run of 1000. 6 months later still 1000 in stock, 1 year later 998 in stock.

Dave to someone, hey I finally have a way to get rid of those stupid anodized parts you thought up. For the next two weeks you are gonna swap them all on these bolts. Then we will resell all the original ones that people actually want to recoup the loss.

What's everyone doing for bolt stops? I've got pretty much everything else ordered that I didn't have laying around. They seem to be unobtainable since about January. I don't really want go with an external stop and release but I guess I will if I get impatient trying to wrap this up.

PTG had them in stock the other day, bolt stop + spring for $16. They were with the Rem 700 triggers on the website.

Yank everyone’s bolt stops and springs then charge them $16 + shipping for them I suppose.

Or get in touch with a decently large gunsmith shop and they probably have some laying around from when they converted folks to external stops.

anyone know a source for bottom metal? I don’t want a magazine just a hinged floor plate. Looking for BDL style, long action and stainless.

anyone know a source for bottom metal? I don’t want a magazine just a hinged floor plate. Looking for BDL style, long action and stainless.

So are these rifles ready to shoot once you’ve received them? I understand may need to get a firing pin or bolt stop for the bolt but are the barrels and chamber finished?

Back