Remington custom shop barreled actions. $400

Just got my ship notification for my .338 and .25-06 mountain at the original $400 a pop. Excited to see what kind of gong show I'll be trying to complete.

Figured it couldn't be any worse than this wildcat I've been putting together for the past two years for Michigan's straight wall hunting rules.

Went to pick one up from my FFL. Was supposed to be a 300RUM. They shipped me a 270WSM. This is going great…
oh no...

They had mine initially shipped to the wrong address (my FFL is my gun club and has a locked gate so can't get deliveries) despite THREE different earlier messages stating the correct shipping address (on the FFL license, direct email from the FFL, and an email from me). Got it worked out but, come on' man!

Ugh such a headache. They’re taking it back and sending me a black oxide one, because the 26” stainless 300RUMs never turned up. I was going to salt bath nitride it anyway so it won’t matter in the end.

But hey, it did look nice. And it did have a bolt! Fluted barrel, fluted bare bolt cut for an m16 style extractor, aluminum bolt shroud, hideous aluminum bolt knob.
E909E31F-9971-4896-91F4-20AD90161103.jpeg

Last edited:
Ugh such a headache. They’re taking it back and sending me a black oxide one, because the 26” stainless 300RUMs never turned up. I was going to salt bath nitride it anyway so it won’t matter in the end.

But hey, it did look nice. And it did have a bolt! Fluted barrel, fluted bare bolt cut for an m16 style extractor, aluminum cocking piece, hideous aluminum bolt knob.
View attachment 188276

Want to sell it?😁

But hey, it did look nice. And it did have a bolt! Fluted barrel, fluted bare bolt cut for an m16 style extractor, aluminum cocking piece, hideous aluminum bolt knob.
View attachment 188276
Ship it back without the bolt. There is a few folks that will be offering kidneys for them soon.

He said F405051 and F400594 were both supposed to be 300RUM, and both were actually 270WSM when they opened the boxes. I’d call them if you ordered one of these. They’ll probably still ship you a 270WSM, but give it a shot!

Still haven’t heard back on the one I ordered on May 17th, still shows my order as processing on the website. Supposedly it will be a Mountain Rifle (or parts of it) in 280 Remington.

Still haven’t heard back on the one I ordered on May 17th, still shows my order as processing on the website. Supposedly it will be a Mountain Rifle (or parts of it) in 280 Remington.
It only showed two on the list and I ordered both. Josh called me earlier in the week about the quantity discrepancy in my order and said both serial numbers were placed against my order. If they both show up and and you don’t end up with one we can work something out.

It only showed two on the list and I ordered both. Josh called me earlier in the week about the quantity discrepancy in my order and said both serial numbers were placed against my order. If they both show up and and you don’t end up with one we can work something out.
I Appreciate that and will certainly be very interested in taking you up on that offer. I am almost certain I remember it showing 3 on the list when I ordered but I ordered shortly after you posted the link.

I Appreciate that and will certainly be very interested in taking you up on that offer. I am almost certain I remember it showing 3 on the list when I ordered but I ordered shortly after you posted the link.
If they show my plan was to AI them since the chamber has to be finished anyway. If it shows with a bolt like @winmag got, it has all the potential to be a shooter when my smith gets done with it. Here is my latest from him. 260ai 127g Barnes LRX 3125 FPS at 100

Attachments

• 4DBF76EC-1B8B-4444-B4AB-FE51A32A2B87.jpeg
    4DBF76EC-1B8B-4444-B4AB-FE51A32A2B87.jpeg
    121.6 KB · Views: 6
  • E49693AB-BF27-4DE3-8855-D422082E2496.jpeg
    E49693AB-BF27-4DE3-8855-D422082E2496.jpeg
    144.2 KB · Views: 6
If they show my plan was to AI them since the chamber has to be finished anyway. If it shows with a bolt like @winmag got, it has all the potential to be a shooter when my smith gets done with it. Here is my latest from him. 260ai 127g Barnes LRX 3125 FPS at 100
Very nice, I’m also planning on going the AI route if one makes its way to me.

For those of you who get them, did they come with a bolt stop, spring, and pins?

The are near unobtainable it seems.

6D9CB33E-1937-415D-B19A-D844CA63AC96.png

I have an extra left hand spring if anyone needs one. Also 2 current issue left hand trigger assemblies.

coJXbZn.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back