Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Remington custom shop barreled actions. $400

RUM or WSM. A magnum is a magnum is a magnum, right? Aren't all intercontinental ballistic missiles the same?

No trigger pins, no bolt stop or springs, no firing pin assembly or extractor or ejector.

Probably easier for me to just type what I did get.

I was shipped bare action, recoil lug, barrel, bare ptg bolt, aluminum bolt shroud, aluminum bolt knob.

I’ve got a few right hand Rem 700 Mark X triggers laying around if someone gets it a real bind for one.

No trigger pins, no bolt stop or springs, no firing pin assembly or extractor or ejector.

Probably easier for me to just type what I did get.

I was shipped bare action, recoil lug, barrel, bare ptg bolt, aluminum bolt shroud, aluminum bolt knob.
So you're saying it wasn't such a great deal? The aluminum bolt knob may look cheesey but it will probably be a lot kinder to your hand in very cold conditions.

If anyone finds bolt stops and springs, don't post it here and PM me. :LOL:

I found trigger pins today so went ahead and bought enough to build out the barreled actions I have coming. I was going to wait to see if they came with triggers before buying, but that seems risky at this point.

My neighbor got in one that he ordered. He ordered a Rem 700 26” Black Oxide 300 Win Mag, blueprinted with PTG bolt. He received action, complete PTG 1 piece bolt, recoil lug, and barrel.

It is clearly a Rem 700 SPS based on the exterior finish and bore.

My neighbor got in one that he ordered. He ordered a Rem 700 26” Black Oxide 300 Win Mag, blueprinted with PTG bolt. He received action, complete PTG 1 piece bolt, recoil lug, and barrel.

It is clearly a Rem 700 SPS based on the exterior finish and bore.
I’ll be happy if I get my stainless actiona with ptg bolts. Don’t really care if it’s got a barrel

I did some cost analysis tonight based on what folks have been getting. Figures are to get this to a finished barreled action with trigger

With a FFL transfer fee, Trigger Tech, pins, bolt stop and shipping cost I’m at $598.95 each. Plus I’m budgeting $100 each for the finish machining.

Add the B&C stock, mag spring/follower, and the custom shop floor plate +$550 puts you at around $1300 with shipping. Better than what it would of costed to order one from the custom shop. Not better than picking up a 700 Mountain for $999 and upgrading the trigger.

I did some cost analysis tonight based on what folks have been getting. Figures are to get this to a finished barreled action with trigger

With a FFL transfer fee, Trigger Tech, pins, bolt stop and shipping cost I’m at $598.95 each. Plus I’m budgeting $100 each for the finish machining.

Add the B&C stock, mag spring/follower, and the custom shop floor plate +$550 puts you at around $1300 with shipping. Better than what it would of costed to order one from the custom shop. Not better than picking up a 700 Mountain for $999 and upgrading the trigger.

Plus it’s fun

Try buying a Remington stainless receiver and ptg one piece bolt for $400
I bought 3 the last few years and only one was decent enough to have near all of its primary extraction. One had about half of it and the other hardly any of it. In most cases it probably won't be that big of a deal as long as you don't do any real hot loads. A better question is why Remington was making good stuff and just let their QC go to hell.

Hopefully folks understand what they ordered. I’m sure there are gonna be plenty of confused folks when their neon blue bolt short chambered and otherwise bare barreled action shows up. Luckily bolt shrouds and knobs are easily replaceable.

This is a photo from PTG’s website that says “getting ready to ship”.
6C4D0505-ED0C-4850-972C-3840AE8D4F25.jpeg

Last edited:
Hopefully folks understand what they ordered. I’m sure there are gonna be plenty of confused folks when their neon blue bolt short chambered and otherwise bare barreled action shows up. Luckily bolt shrouds and knobs are easily replaceable.

This is a photo from PTG’s website that says “getting ready to ship”.
View attachment 188543
I would be happy with that, as all of those in the pic are one piece bolts. The cosmetics are easy to change and readily available cheap. If the bolts were sized for the action it is worth the money just to strip the barrel off and have a stainless PTG action.

I think as long as you got something stainless or cerakoted you did ok. If you got something black oxide I think it’s a ripoff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back