Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Remington custom shop barreled actions. $400

How long ago?
There was one in my local Walmart a few months ago. Likely still there. Not stainless. They had some stainless ones with hinged floorplates, but for a lot more money.

I felt like 80% of the list was not worth $400.

There was one in my local Walmart a few months ago. Likely still there. Not stainless. They had some stainless ones with hinged floorplates, but for a lot more money.

I felt like 80% of the list was not worth $400.
I would say you were the minority on that percentage. I will agree that a percentage of the list was not worth it, that’s why they are 299 now.

Wonder if they are actually the Remington custom shop barrel or just their mass production barrel

Of course… in out of town for another week and a half 🤦🏼‍♂️

Attachments

• 9CA9BE87-91EE-4CC8-89E9-60E4A9BA1E85.jpg
    9CA9BE87-91EE-4CC8-89E9-60E4A9BA1E85.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 17
Just a couple of years ago Remington bought out Montana Rifle Company's barrel making shop and inventory. Shipped it all to Right to Work Alabama to sidestep union labour. My brother pulled security at nights when the shop was being dismantled. I don't know if Remington ever did anything with the stuff but I'm kinda thinking these barrels at Pacific may have been made by the Sipes in Kalispell. They made good stuff before selling out to some MBA transplants who don't know anything about quality control or customer service.

Last edited:
Just got an email that mine is ready to ship (I was in the original batch of orders from this thread when they were $400 and presumably have a bolt?)

I’ve got one showing up Monday that I ordered on 5/18. That’s when the description still made it sound like you’d get a bolt and trigger. We shall see what turns up.

Last edited:
Back