Remington custom shop barreled actions. $400

Addicting

Just a heads google Pacific Tool and Die then look at their actions. They bought the custom shop contents. They are selling barreled actions for 400 bucks. These won’t last long and there is some risk as your buying off a excel sheet sight unseen. But there are some seriously good deals. The stainless actions are selling for over 600 by themselves.

@brockel needs help being convinced this is the way to get his next HT rifle for sale. Lol

FYI they’re short chambered so will require gunsmithing
Depends, I’m betting that one could rent the reamer and go gauges and finish it by hand. The one I had to do needed a extra .008 and it was fine.

If you put it in your comment, PTG will probably do the finish it before it ships.

Last edited:
Depends, I’m betting that one could rent the reamer and go gauges and finish it by hand. The one I had to do needed a extra .008 and it was fine.
Did yours come with the bolt? I'm on the phone with them now and they told me it doesn't come with a bolt unless I buy a PTG bolt. They basically can't tell me anything about them. If they have triggers or not, if they have recoil lugs or not. But they did tell me no refunds, and that they're leaving for the day in 11 minutes.

It says on the web page they could come anyway, even complete rifles. It is a risk, but I would imagine the vast majority will have a bolt. Why would the custom shop gunsmith thread the barrel and not work on the action to lap the lugs.

Calling them is useless, every I talked to local called, myself included, and got the same rigamaroll. The sales people don’t know any more than you do from the spreadsheet.

From the website:

Most are complete with receiver, bolt, lug and barrels. Note some may be complete rifles with stocks and threaded for muzzle break. Some may not come with bolts. PTG bolts can be purchased for all of these barreled actions. These are short Chambered so gunsmithing is required to achieve proper head spacing, this will let you to finish them in a match grade, competition chamber, or for military builds.

https://pacifictoolandgauge.com/rem...eled-action-please-read-full-description.html

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gowest23
Back