Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Remington custom shop barreled actions. $400

The first few adds had a drop down menu that allowed you to proceed with no selection at all. As soon as they marked them “down” to $350 it forced you to make a selection regarding your bolt, and the only option that did not cost extra literally said “no bolt”. If you can’t figure out how that’s gonna work out, you’re dense. There was no gamble. They spelled it out for you….”no bolt”.

I bought one when the description was hazier and the drop down menu did not force any selections, and I bought one after, and I selected the “bolt of PT&G’s choice” option.
In fact it still says:5BE4EF71-774B-4481-B03A-3F29D2B29A9F.jpegE127EB0A-C068-4148-921E-1234CC7CB191.jpeg again barreled action not barreled receiver75F52030-8015-4E4F-98AC-534CB5E51C87.jpeg what they say when they are telling you it “DOES NOT COME with a bolt…” RECEIVER ONLY “

Last edited:
In fact it still says:View attachment 187216View attachment 187217 again barreled action not barreled receiverView attachment 187218 what they say when they are telling you it “DOES NOT COME with a bolt…” RECEIVER ONLY “
See how the drop down menu says “no bolt”??? What exactly do you think that means?

In the earlier iterations there was no “no bolt” option. I believe if you did not click the drop down menu, it said “no selection”, and allowed you to continue.

Hopefully “keep factory” means there’s a bolt

Attachments

• 718E0926-712C-44B6-9552-5C69D991898B.jpeg
    718E0926-712C-44B6-9552-5C69D991898B.jpeg
    31.4 KB · Views: 12
I guess I just don't get it. You can buy a complete Remington 700 ADL at Wally world for under $400.00. Why would you pay $400.00 for an action without a bolt?
You can? Stainless steel? I haven’t seen anything Remington at Wally World for a long time around here seems all they sell is savage and the ruger Americans. If that any more.

Billings scheels had ADL combos with cheapy scope for $550ish week or 2 ago, i will look at wally next time but i agree with shotbrownelk about price point. I know our local gunshop sells used beat up 700s for donors around $300-350 but they sell fast (lots of longrange guys here), i just buy a accurate quality clone (kelbly was last). For a project i understand the risk, i just dont see any savings across all of these orders but it is fun to watch. I have been following this tread like its a tag just waiting to see who draws what.... good luck with it boys

Billings scheels had ADL combos with cheapy scope for $550ish week or 2 ago, i will look at wally next time but i agree with shotbrownelk about price point. I know our local gunshop sells used beat up 700s for donors around $300-350 but they sell fast (lots of longrange guys here), i just buy a accurate quality clone (kelbly was last). For a project i understand the risk, i just dont see any savings across all of these orders but it is fun to watch. I have been following this tread like its a tag just waiting to see who draws what.... good luck with it boys
For me it was popular calibers that I can flip, my smith charges 70 to finish chamber. I can do that and do some quick load development to show they are shooters and send them on their way once I’m bored.

If they come complete with a custom shop bottom metal as the advertisement once said it should be a easy sell.

I bought one for the action as $400 for stainless action is a good deal anymore. Other one was in a caliber that I’d have had to pay $1000+ to get one in a Remington in it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back