Caribou Gear

Remington - about time

I’m pretty impressed with the quality of the new 700s. They’re darn nice rifles. AND they finally took out the white line spacers on the BDL model.

I don't think the trigger issues were the cause of the bankruptcy. SMFH. mtmuley
The 700 trigger issues and driving 870 quality into the basement were the big nails in the coffin. The most public and direct examples of the absolute disregard for quality control due to horrible mismanagement. The new production guns seem to be good at this point (we haven't gotten any back yet) but given a good number of the management team from the prior circus is still around I would give it a couple of more years before I believe confidence is warranted.

The 700 trigger issues and driving 870 quality into the basement were the big nails in the coffin. The most public and direct examples of the absolute disregard for quality control due to horrible mismanagement. The new production guns seem to be good at this point (we haven't gotten any back yet) but given a good number of the management team from the prior circus is still around I would give it a couple of more years before I believe confidence is warranted.
You work at Scheels. Thanks. mtmuley

The 870 nose dive is what drove me away. Permanently.

I have at least one Remington bolt that needs the handle re-located so at the same time I might have a groove milled under the handle to accommodate the old triggers that lock the bolt when the safety is engaged. When installing the trigger a round toothpick cut to length makes a serviceable slave pin.

o8Gs6Pp.jpg

XlYoYUR.jpg

Its a dry read but the private equity firm that owned remington screwed it up.

tl/dr version: PE cuts all costs and quality, saddles company with debt during an incredible sales cycle. Multi-decade employees take all 27" of a bull barrel up the ass while PE managers get hooker and blow and a third home....in the mountain this time, because they already have a Brownstone in Manhatten and a house in the Hamptons.

tl/dr version: PE cuts all costs and quality, saddles company with debt during an incredible sales cycle. Multi-decade employees take all 27" of a bull barrel up the ass while PE managers get hooker and blow and a third home....in the mountain this time, because they already have a Brownstone in Manhatten and a house in the Hamptons.
Same thing happened to Cabelas. I know a lot of people gripe about Bass Pro buying them but at least that saved a ton of retail jobs. These "investment" companies pretty much squeeze all the money they can out of a business and then toss it aside.

I am hearing good things about the new owners of the rifle/shotgun business less the Marlin side which was bought by Ruger. The new Rem-Arms company looks to be focused on delivering quality products.

Does anyone know if thwy plan on making parts for older models i have a 20ga wingmaster i would like to get a barrel for.

Good deal, it’s just about 30 years too late to matter. Damn they tanked that company. Remington isn’t in the top 5 bolt actions anymore.

The ones I've had and still have didn't break the bank being tinkered to shoot with whatever the top 5 means.
What I mean is Remington does even make the best rem 700 factory action.
Bergara passed them up. You would still be better going with a custom action then fixing a Rem 700 action.
Then you take sako/tikka actions, even Browning has surpassed Remington.

Remington was so on top of their game just a couple of years ago selling $2500 rifles for $6,000.

I guess we should be thankful that they all don't follow the guitar business route and charge an extra couple grand to drag it behind a car for a few miles.

Yep. Rhcuam

Even the new trigger that supposed to be some big improvement is factory set at 3 to 4 pounds and is nonadjustable. Remington can’t even get this right.😂
Given Big Green's long history of misfire litigation, I can understand why they might be gunshy of installing adjustable triggers in their guns. An accident waiting to happen?

I switched my 700 trigger for a Timney when I rebuilt the old favorite. 26 yrs ago. Never had a problem with the original.
Have a nice 870 too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back