Reloading benches and setups

Thanks for sharing your work areas! There are some great ideas to consider. One thing I found handy, I put in power strips with the built in USB charging ports. Comes in handy when I need to spend some time at the bench and my phone, or other such stuff needs a charge.

I like an organized work area! Unfortunately mine is usually a mess.

I built the NRA gun table a few years ago and it was a beefy table. I moved and built a different one using scrap pieces I scrounged from a remodel project. I believe it's 37" tall and if I had to do it again I'd make it taller. Got those screw tubs when the local hardware store remodeled. I put in a fluorescent light which made the pics look wonky. I have also added a Frankford Arsenal case prep center, RCBS Chargemaster, and a Lyman bullet sizer since taking this pic.

View attachment 126321

Mine is about like is but you can't see the top anywhere, could possibly use cleaned. The number one factor for me was strength and mine is made from scrap laying around. Top for me hast to be flat and solid. My top s a double layer of 3/4" plywood glued and screwed together. Sturdy top need's sturdy table and mine is made from 2x4's and screwed to the wall in back through wall studs and has metal L's on each leg and they are screwed to the floor. My scale is a balance beam and rides on the first shelf in front of me and has a lead block fixed to it's underside to keep it solid.

Whatever a man choosed the bench HAS GOT TO BE SOLID. I tried plywood....then I went with 2X10's that are bolted to the steel table. This works much better. I love my reloading table.

Whatever a man choosed the bench HAS GOT TO BE SOLID. I tried plywood....then I went with 2X10's that are bolted to the steel table. This works much better. I love my reloading table.
I used 3/4” MDF sealed with polyurethane and it’s solid. Lots of supports and screws take a lot of the slop out and it’s not going anywhere. I’m not hammering or doing any heavy work on it that’s what the garage benches are for. But no question the 2x10’s will hold up.

I tried to shortcut things with plywood but about the 2nd time my shotgun shell tipped over in that dillon 900 and made a mess, I tore everything apart and started over lol

I tried to shortcut things with plywood but about the 2nd time my shotgun shell tipped over in that dillon 900 and made a mess, I tore everything apart and started over lol
MDF has a smooth finish unlike true plywood. Added poly to keep any moisture, oils or solvents from getting to it. Nice smooth snag free surface.

I've used this one for almost 40 years...
CIuVDBP.jpg
us dam skeet shooters

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back