Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Show me your reloading setups!

I like the “L” shape of yours. I might could do that on the back wall and go all the way with a “U”.

I wasn't able to get the full L as I wanted and I still need to finish out some storage so I can get all of the gear out away properly. My.last setup had a 12 foot long bench with a 4 foot L, plus a 4x4 foot island and an 8x3 work bench. I really.miss that set up.

Mine is blown up because the wife said on Christmas Day “why don’t you do your mancave you’ve been wanting to do since family isn’t coming in for Christmas”.

They showed up on the 27th… I should have it wrapped up in 2 weeks and I’ll snap pictures

You guys are a bunch of messy pigs - my primers and powder are locked in a safe.

It looked different a week ago.
I’m hoping my new room won’t be so messy. I just don’t have enough storage where I’m at now! Love the hides and antlers hanging in your room. I almost bought a jewelers safe a couple years ago but didn’t have a place to put it. Would’ve been perfect for this project.

A clean day for the picture of my reloading room for the last 40 some years. The top of the bench is indoor/outdoor carpet over 3/4" plywood over 2x6s laid flat. On the far left of the bench is my first 12 ga shotshell reloader, a single stage Honey Bair, that I still use for hunting loads. The 4 Hornady/Pacific progressive loaders are for 12, 20, 28 ga, and .410 shotshells. Then on the right side are a Dillon 450 and a Rockchucker presses for my rifle and handgun reloading. I attach case trimmers or a Lyman cast bullet sizer/lubricator to the bench with C clamps.

The left wall has shelves and cabinets that provide a permanent home for bullets, primers, loaded shells and many other essential items.
CIuVDBPl.jpg

0222151835a (1024x576).jpg

This is my old setup. I moved and my chosen location has a sloped ceiling that doesn't allow my to use the upper portion of the bench which is probably my favorite part of the whole thing. I have stuff stacked all over now plus my LED light didn't make the cut and I desperately need more light in my new spot.

This pic is a really old setup and I've since added a Frankford Arsenal case prep center, RCBS chargemaster, CO-AX press, Lyman Lubrasizer, RCBS single stage 12ga shotshell press, and a Lee 16ga shotshell press. All of this is too much for my table so I need to build in some quick change mounts or a second bench. I've really gotten into shotshell loading because of how hard it is to get decent ammo for my 16s.

A clean day for the picture of my reloading room for the last 40 some years. The top of the bench is indoor/outdoor carpet over 3/4" plywood over 2x6s laid flat. On the far left of the bench is my first 12 ga shotshell reloader, a single stage Honey Bair, that I still use for hunting loads. The 4 Hornady/Pacific progressive loaders are for 12, 20, 28 ga, and .410 shotshells. Then on the right side are a Dillon 450 and a Rockchucker presses for my rifle and handgun reloading. I attach case trimmers or a Lyman cast bullet sizer/lubricator to the bench with C clamps.

The left wall has shelves and cabinets that provide a permanent home for bullets, primers, loaded shells and many other essential items.
CIuVDBPl.jpg
That is pretty nice!

View attachment 208864

This is my old setup. I moved and my chosen location has a sloped ceiling that doesn't allow my to use the upper portion of the bench which is probably my favorite part of the whole thing. I have stuff stacked all over now plus my LED light didn't make the cut and I desperately need more light in my new spot.

This pic is a really old setup and I've since added a Frankford Arsenal case prep center, RCBS chargemaster, CO-AX press, Lyman Lubrasizer, RCBS single stage 12ga shotshell press, and a Lee 16ga shotshell press. All of this is too much for my table so I need to build in some quick change mounts or a second bench. I've really gotten into shotshell loading because of how hard it is to get decent ammo for my 16s.
That looks about like my set up right down to the size of the table and the shelves! But I have a bad habit of just laying things down and my bench is pretty cluttered.

Looking good guys. We moved right around Thanksgiving and I'm about to set up my new reloading area. I'll be borrowing some of these ideas, thanks!

Wow, not going to post pictures of my mess. Definitely lots of light, the more the better! I built my bench out of 4x4's and 2x4's with masonite for the top, many years ago. It is now my 'smithing bench and have a solid oak, 2" top, library table from Central Washington University purchased in a surplus auction for my reloading bench. Have repurposed solid wood kitchen cabinets for bullet, powder, manuals storage. The bottom counter/cabinets holds all the reloaded ammo.

View attachment 208864

I put two of these in my room & am happy with them. Going to add another over the stock bench & get 2-3 for the garage.

Your friend has shared a link to a Home Depot product they think you would be interested in seeing:

Commercial Electric 4 ft. 64-Watt Equivalent Integrated LED White Shop Light Linkable 3200 Lumens 4000K Bright White 5 ft. Cord Included
SKU# 205331022

I have every intention of using threads like these to give me ideas for my next reloading room. Right now, what I’m struggling with is coming up with a shelf design. I think I’ll end up having a three foot wide space that will be floor to ceiling shelves. I’d like these shelves to be customizable for height as this will be where all the small containers of bullets, brass, ammunition, etc will be stored. I’ll probably end up putting a door on it to be locked and kept away from little hands. Any ideas from any of you fine folks here? Planning for roughy a 2’x3’ shelf that could hold a fair amount of weight. Probably end up with at least 12-15 of these shelf throughout the entire height of this locker/closet. I don’t want the shelf or system to take up a bunch of my storage height for each shelf, or else I’d just do a 2x2 wood frame with plywood over it. But that would give up two inches of height for every shelf planned.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back