Caribou Gear Tarp

Reid's bill was signed by Dubya!

I can hunt here for less every day, and actually kill stuff.

I have this idea that if tag price and allocation was connected to the land that generates the tags, that the habitat would benefit. That's why I advocate that idea. Reward those who provide good habitat and don't reward those who don't. Its basic.

I have this idea that if tag price and allocation was connected to the land that generates the tags, that the habitat would benefit. That's why I advocate that idea. Reward those who provide good habitat and don't reward those who don't. Its basic.

Ya got any proof or studies that back that up?

Nemont

I guess that I could look. Texas landowners get rewarded directly by hunters, we have 4 million whitetails, 1-2 million hogs, 200,000+ exotics, are high in turkey and quail, 2 million waterfowl. Every acre of habitat has game, we feed them in stress times ourselves, because we benefit. It works here, I guess that's kind of annecdotal evidense. We can hunt big game all year round, we have more hunters and fishermen than any other state, according to the last federal survey.

Why are there so many here, it makes you wonder? It made me think, of that idea.

Why do you think there is so much hunting here and so little in a place like Arizona?

How many hunters out there that hunt the western states want to follow Tom's model of game management?: Land Owner tags, Exotic animals, feral hogs, High Fences, baited deer etc.

Tom FYI there are numerous difference between Arizona and Texas. Many of the things you include as a plus for hunting in Texas make a lot of hunters want to puke.

Also the only reason you have waterfowl is because they hatch up here in our habitat.

Nemont

You're outnumbered Tom. But it seems you have a lot of them puking. Guess there's no high fences or feed bucket hunts at all in the west.

Could be that 80% of AZ is desert and elk don't feed on cactus. A few deer and plenty of javelina plus wayyy too many yotes.

Which one, high fence or ranch hunts? Doesn't really matter, I get your point. Big bucks for horns is the same anywhere, isn' it? I wish I were able to bring all you guys down here for a quality faichase whitetail hunt. Maybe the blanket perceptions would change.

Nemont, puke all you want. The number one waterfowl outfitter here leases about 40,000-60,000 acres. He makes roosts, floods areas for them to stay in the area, the roosts are not hunted. The rice fields are put out in second plantings, the stubble is left for the ducks and geese, that costs money, the hunters pay it, the landowners get a lot, so, there is some good habitat to hold the waterfowl here. They used to fly accross the gulf to Mexico, now, a lot more winter here. They are not hunted after 12 noon, by 90 some percent of the hunters. Not because of law, because we value having waterfowl stay in the area. They settle down in peace for the afternoon, we scout the possible roosts they are on, and hunt near them the next morning.

I get the feeling you have never been here, you're a dumb ass when it comes to Texas, and you don't know it. I'm sure not going to let it upset my stomach though. I hope you can hold yours in, but go ahead, puke all you want, if it makes you feel better.

I'd kind of like to hunt with you, meet you, tell you some more stories, actually watch you puke.

Tom,
Why would you want to watch Nemont puke??? I am pretty sure I would look the other way so I didn't toss my cookies too.

Do Texans really go to all that trouble to change the natural migration of waterfowl, to keep them from crossing the Gulf of Mexico? Is that a good thing to fugg with Mother Nature and the natural migration of wild animals???

I get the feeling you have never been here, you're a dumb ass when it comes to Texas, and you don't know it.

Nope Tom I have never hunted Texas :rolleyes: I only go about every other year. I didn't go last year because we went to Cabo instead.

083436.jpg

083446.jpg

083449.jpg

The number one waterfowl outfitter here leases about 40,000-60,000 acres.

I have 1,200,000 acreas of private land and 2,400,000 acres of public, all within and hour and a half drive of me, I can hunt for free. It is in barley, wheat, corn, peas and canola. There are wetlands and potholes all over it. Maybe you have hear of the PPR. It is the duck factory of North America. If we don't produce the birds they don't get to your artificial sanctuary.

Excuse while I puke....

But the point is that many of us don't want to be like Texas. I know that comes as a shock to you Texan who still believe you are the biggest state in the Union. We don't want to have to pay every time we leave out house to shot ducks or geese. Dumb ass or not thems the facts.

Nemont

In Mexico they shoot the hell out of them, I don't think they have a limit, maybe you know, you sound like you might, south of the border, JoseCuervo, you must know something about Mexico?

Father nature knows best, he tells the geese and ducks, go south, its getting cold, theirs rice stubble in Texas waiting. Mother nature loves it. You're so scared of nature, you want to ban planting rice fields? They just stay here, more of them, its natural. Heck, its more natural to have good nutritious food, they love it. I even like rice.

It would be kind of sad if Nemont actually does puke over things like that. I'm not following, you don't want to be like Texas, you have the PPR and you come here a lot. The national survey says Texas in fact has more hunters and fishermen than any other state and you think its not a fact.

You're blind too. haha I don't follow your argument.

I like coming to Texas to shoot birds. I like, no I love to hunt, I want to pass the tradition on to my children. The Texas model of big game hunting doesn't fit with my hunting ethics.

Now waterfowl I will hunt anywhere. Canada, Montana, North Dakota, Texas, one of these days with Elkgunner and Moosie in Idaho. Just because I hunt down there doesn't mean I want the rest of the west to manage our wildlife like Texas does.

Nemont

I love to hunt too. I've only driven through Montana. I should find something to hunt there, like you did here. I feel like in that model there, I need to scout a lot, and its hard to do that, it being 1500 or so miles from here. Either that or pay out the cazoo for one of those high priced guaranteed tags Montana has and an outfitter, which I don't want to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NTSS
Back