Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Region 2 Public Land Bucks

It is stable enough that I'm not concerned about it. My major complaint with stability is that the threaded legs are so narrow that the stove sometimes works it's way out of balance as the legs sink into the ground. I need to find a way to increase the surface area at the bottom of the stove legs - should be an easy fix.

Door is a good design and it feeds really well. Only issue is that the stove is short, and you need to be careful and not cut the rounds too long. We packed in a Sven Saw and were sure to cut the small limbs off the rounds.

My Ed T stove has the same issue with the legs, I think that is part of the issue. I could probably be a little more diligent about the wood I put in it, but when your only options are picking dead limbs off trees because there is 8" of snow on the ground it get's pretty limited.

Amazed at the blazing warmth though, it was nice to crawl into a sleeping bag when it was 70 degrees and dry my boots as I fell asleep.

I'll get a good 30-45 minutes with an open damper fire - Indian sweathouse type action. 9x10 though my material, while light, is still about 3x's heavier then the shangri-la material.
Reducing the damper will give a good steady heat to ember for 2-2.5 hours, maybe a bit more. Speaking for the "large" version of the titanium stoves.

picture.php

That is a nice little setup, how long can you keep those tents warm on like a 20 degree night without stoking the stove?

Great deer too!

Sounds like a great hunt. Congrats on some great deer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back