Yeti GOBOX Collection

Recommended Local Restaurant in/around Wichita Falls TX?

genesis273

Keeping the question simple. I'm going to take my sons car to him, who is currently in Tech School at Sheppard Air Force Base, which is in Wichita Falls TX, next weekend. There's little else I enjoy more than eating at small local restaurants in small towns while I'm traveling. Does anyone have a recommendation for a local "hole in the wall" eating joint, no chain restaurant, in or close to Wichita Falls?
Although it is small chain bbq restaurant, I did eat at Rudy's while in San Antonio last month. Although I've been raised on NC style, that was some great Texas style bbq! Wouldn't mind trying another bbq joint again if someone can highly recommend one.

Last edited:
He'll be there until December, then he'll go to Holloman AFB in New Mexico. So yes, I'll be asking for eatery recommendations there too.

Thanks again Noharleyyet for the PM...perfect!

There is a burrito place there called Sevi's I think... Can't say for sure, but I'm pretty sure thats the name or real close.

I was stationed at Sheppard for 5 years, best of the best BBQ is The Branding Iron, cash only, opens at 11 am, closes when food runs out.
104 E Scott Ave, Wichita Falls, TX 76301

Or Circle H BBQ up in Burkburnett
121 S Berry St, Burkburnett, TX 76354

Both are super good, stay away from anything within a mile of the base, always lousy foods.

Now if you want southern chicken, I would look no further then Johnnies Chicken Box, not the best neighborhood, but awesome foods!
308 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Wichita Falls, TX 76301

If you go East of there along Highway 82 you'll find Dieter Bros. BBQ in LIndsay Tx. Best by far, about 1 1/2 hours from WF. Lots of hogs in that country watch out along the highway. We see dead ones every year we go back for hog hunting. You should get him to check into hog hunting that country, both sides of the Red River have tons. That spot is not too run over by the outfitters yet and hunts are pretty reasonable. Big boars roam the Red River basin.

Well I'll give Wichita Falls, or Texas in general one thing.....it's hot! I can't wait to get back to Carolinas cool mid 90's!
BBQ is really good too.

Back