Recommendations

Dakota79

Looking for a recommendation please.

A friend is looking to get a new scope for a rifle. She has a 25–06 and probably not shooting more than 300 yards. What size do you recommend? This is for deer and antelope.What do you know about Hawke scopes? She has looked through some and likes them. Budget is limited.

One of the VX3 variants 3.5-10x40 have been suiting me for a very long time over a broad spectrum on rifles , cals and uses. Has been a great all around choice for me and many of my hunting buddies. I have bought them new and used. I got plenty of more specialized scopes but the 3.5-10x40 is my choice for an most purpose.

Girls need wide FOV. There are enough out there in the 2-10x, 1.5-8x, etc. for her to be able to find one to suit.

Japanese, Czech, even Phillipines...all good.

I have a 3-12 x 44 Nikon monarch with a 30mm tube and absolutely love the magnification and brightness of the 30mm tube.

Doesn’t have to be a Nikon but I’m a BIG fan of the 3-12 magnification the 30mm tube is significantly brighter. Night and day difference.

Girls need wide FOV. There are enough out there in the 2-10x, 1.5-8x, etc. for her to be able to find one to suit.

Japanese, Czech, even Phillipines...all good.
Huh???
Good thing your not in arms reach of my wife with her cast iron skillet!
:eek:

"Budget a factor" could mean many things.
What exactly is her budget?

While i like Leupolds, "budget friendly" isn't a term i use with them.
Good quality for sure! But for features vs value, kinda like getting Nike's. I feel your paying a premium for the name.

Budget friendly to me would be more in the Vortex Crossfire II, Sightron, Burris Full Field range of scopes.
You can add in the Crimson Trace Brushline series also.
All can be had for under $200.

We are going over her gun today and see exactly what she wants different then what she has now. Thanks for the recommendations.

Y'all may have misunderstood. Huntresses are more likely to see male prey at very close range at times. 3x may not show enough animal to find a point of aim. 50' FOV is a fair minimum.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back