Recommendations for budget-friendly Leupold scope

matechakeric

What $250-450 rifle scope would you recommend? For elk and deer preferably with CDS option

Im not sure about it being CDS compatible.. but this is a great all around scope for elk and deer.
Also.. I don't know if you know this or not but you get a free CDS turret with each CDS compatible scope you buy. 80 bucks for any thereafter.
Like others have said above this though.. @schmalts is the go to guru on this topic.

A friend talked me into this and it was a solid move. The windage turret isn't the highest quality but the elevation is great. Once I got the windage squared away, I don't touch it anyway. The Freedom series has been a major step above the Vortex Diamondback I had on there.

My only complaint/regret was just getting the duplex reticle on my VX2 3x9. Not that there is anything wrong with it, just kind of boring... Wish I would have gone with something with MOA dots or the like.

But would I trade it for another brand, nah. It's not really that big of a draw back at the end of the day.

I wish that Luepold still made the VX2. Always thought that it was the best intersection of quality and value… but VX3 line is good for the money, too

Leupold VX-3 or VX-Freedom

I have 6 of these on my rifles. I especially like the CDS turret and side focus.

No hesitation in purchasing a VX3 in that price range. I prefer the 4.5-14 myself but coues deer hunting is what I focus on.

Hate it when someone asks about "budget friendly" and then doesn't give a price range. Guy making $300K a year may think $2K is budget friendly. On the other side of that is guy's like me, I live off a bit above average social security check, $200 is a lot of money to me. I seldom have ever paid that much for a scope!

Hate it when someone asks about "budget friendly" and then doesn't give a price range. Guy making $300K a year may think $2K is budget friendly. On the other side of that is guy's like me, I live off a bit above average social security check, $200 is a lot of money to me. I seldom have ever paid that much for a scope!
The OP said $250-450

Back