Receiver hitch rack or carriers

Talk2elk

Anyone use a receiver style rack for your Jeep or SUV. I have a Jeep JKU and want to use a receiver style rack to transport game. Any recommendations?

Ive used one on our family SUV for the past decade. I had one with sides about 12 or 16 inches tall but I didn't like it as much as the one I have now which is a cabelas trail gear.

I had one built by the local high school tec dept, all welded corners. get the bracket that allows it to tilt up 90* and out of the way..wish I had mine built out of aluminum

I have one made out of metal and a second larger one made out aluminum. The aluminum has rollers on the side opposite the hitch so I can stand it up and roll it around. It also has a hinged side that allows one side rail to drop down for easier loading of heavy items. Very handy.

I just purchased and assembled one last evening actually. 60" long and i think 18 or 20" wide and made of powder coated steel. Always nice to have the option of not cramming everything under the toppers. This one also has a conversion kit to neck it down from the 2" receiver to 1-1/4" for my wife's Subaru. Ran me about $85

I have and love it. I just used it on a 4,000 mile trip hunting & fishing from Washington to Minnesota via Wyoming to carry 10 gallons water, 5 gallons gas, hi-lift, straps & chain, & plank to level the truck at camping spots. I was happy I had it.

Most high quality one you will find is Pakmule. Your going to pay for it though too.....

Ive used mine with success. I can fit a full size cooler plus two gas can leaving some extra room in the bed of the truck.

I have the cheap aluminum one from harbor freight, but I cut a little length off of the bar. I then bought a folding adapter. Having the ability to fold it up is nice when you're driving around town between hunts, but you also lose the ability to open your tailgate. My old SUV had a rear window that popped open separately from the door which made it easier, but my new SUV doesn't so I have to fold it down to get in the trunk.

I also have the aluminum number from Harbor Freight. Works great for hauling a big, nasty, bloody pig from the woods. I don't have to lift the pig as high and my truck bed doesn't get covered in bloody mud.

Yes they are useful to have. One word of advise is to buy one that has a short receiver post. Generally the closer the are truck the less sag they will have

I have a truck and still use these for nasty pigs or extra storage. I like the all aluminum model from sportsman's guide, it runs between $40-70 depending on season/sale. I am on my second of that model only due to theft.

I use a Harbor Freight special ... cheap and works just fine a couple times a year when hunting. And don’t forget the 20% off coupon

Make sure your exhaust is pointed out the side and doesn’t come out the back. Otherwise you may have melted cooler the first time you use it...

^ This. I had some person experience with that. I ended buying a receiver that puts it up six inches

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back