Rapidly nearing hunt season and the correlation of home projects...you guys know the drill

noharleyyet

....our company's paint crew about to start moving furniture, taping off, and covering (yesterday)..sample my wife produced @ bottom left
....new color, grills go back in this afternoon (today), new carpet goes down Thursday

Mrs. Harley did a great job on the base, glaze, and blending selection...

Last edited:
Like that blue! I've got most things wrapped up last one is to close and cover the pool by the end of the month. Then to Wyoming for 16 days of chasing elk!
I know closing the pool is supposed to be easy but I always pay someone to do it. I had the filter freeze one year because the guy forgot to take a plug out, pool company covered replacement. Better him than me. I'm getting ours closed about 10 days before I head to Wyoming.

I’m still trying to complete summer project #2 from 2 months ago. Family/kids obligations are high. I’m at the point where the projects don’t happen at all, I skip hunting season, or I contract everything out. My wife is all for the last option. Just kills me to pay someone to do something I am perfectly capable of doing myself 🤬🤬

I spent the past weekend landscaping and getting the backyard finished to pull the camper through the big double gate for its winter parking spot so that I'm able to go spend this coming weekend chasing Hank

My wife has been after me to paint our house. Finally got it mostly done after picking away at it off and on for a few weeks. Add in new exterior light fixtures, new screen door, new door handles and new screens to the windows.
Now she wants me to add a porch to the front and start landscaping brick. I had to draw the line and tell her that stuff will have to wait until spring. I’m leaving for Wyoming Sept28
E9292E36-BE9A-4082-B884-5AF9A4BE2871.jpegFF6ECE27-EA95-41DA-A74C-C58D9B8E725D.jpeg

I really like that application. Is that a glaze or a venetian plaster type thing?

Definitely not SW ProMar 200 on a level 4 wall. If you know what I mean.
Dark/almost black glaze over a lighter shade w/rag rub to highlight...my guys matched the wife's sample perfectly only she used a sponge in lieu of cloth. Went right over the original dash & knock down. Sorta gives it a blue suede shoe look.

And yes, Know what you mean.

My wife has been after me to paint our house. Finally got it mostly done after picking away at it off and on for a few weeks. Add in new exterior light fixtures, new screen door, new door handles and new screens to the windows.
Now she wants me to add a porch to the front and start landscaping brick. I had to draw the line and tell her that stuff will have to wait until spring. I’m leaving for Wyoming Sept28
View attachment 239329View attachment 239330
Very nice....

Our house is the project, 2390 sq ft, poured the foundation In june, 4 months in a 5th wheel with 4 kids and a golden retriever. Just hung 9000 board feet of drywall with my 16 and 12 year old daughters, 5/8” lids. D292D509-4FDF-4F53-80C4-233BB28630FD.jpeg

Beatle kill pine porch soffit

126FEE01-551A-418F-88C9-6C469A66AD95.jpeg

Texturing this week, cabinets and siding come next week, first year since I was 12 that I haven’t hunted birds sep 1, bows been in storage, Yesterday a bull was bugling up behind the house, wife says to me you should take next week off and go hunt. It’s tempting.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back