Caribou Gear

Rapidly nearing hunt season and the correlation of home projects...you guys know the drill

Our house is the project, 2390 sq ft, poured the foundation In june, 4 months in a 5th wheel with 4 kids and a golden retriever. Just hung 9000 board feet of drywall with my 16 and 12 year old daughters, 5/8” lids. View attachment 239340

Beatle kill pine porch soffit

View attachment 239343

Texturing this week, cabinets and siding come next week, first year since I was 12 that I haven’t hunted birds sep 1, bows been in storage, Yesterday a bull was bugling up behind the house, wife says to me you should take next week off and go hunt. It’s tempting.
Used to be you couldn't give that blue pine away. Looks awesome Double. More so that the kids are in on it. mtmuley

we just moved this summer and i have never taken uncle randys advice not being a handy man. just recently built wife new pantry shelves and now working on doors with spice racks on inside of doors. on top of that just figuring everything out with new 10 acres of maintenance, kids soccer teams, work, all the other things with a new house like finding a shitter tank outside that the lid was buried and no one caught on inspection to have float go bad month after moving in....Having a hard time getting time to get excited about hunting season. but have got out a few days for deer seen something everytime but nothing legal yet.

Our house is the project, 2390 sq ft, poured the foundation In june, 4 months in a 5th wheel with 4 kids and a golden retriever. Just hung 9000 board feet of drywall with my 16 and 12 year old daughters, 5/8” lids. View attachment 239340

View attachment 239343

Texturing this week, cabinets and siding come next week, first year since I was 12 that I haven’t hunted birds sep 1, bows been in storage, Yesterday a bull was bugling up behind the house, wife says to me you should take next week off and go hunt. It’s tempting.
That soffit is beautiful, going to revamp our front porch next year.

View attachment 239343

Nice work. Looks like Canyon Ferry in The background.

Sooo….I managed to complete the “honey do” list early this year! 🥹 I was told by the wife, “good job honey I am proud of you.” I heard, “nice, I am all caught up and free for the season!” 💪🏼 When actually she was saying, “here’s the next batch of “things”and oh by the way we need to have these done before you go this weekend elk hunting!”😳 here I go, Wish me luck😔🙄

Nice work guys. Like the blue suede room. That porch soffit is so well done. I ran out of time and money on my build and we did bead board for the ceilings over the porch and outdoor living areas. However, I’ve always planned to go back and do something more planked like that. Consider that saved in the idea book.

I’m still trying to complete summer project #2 from 2 months ago. Family/kids obligations are high. I’m at the point where the projects don’t happen at all, I skip hunting season, or I contract everything out. My wife is all for the last option. Just kills me to pay someone to do something I am perfectly capable of doing myself 🤬🤬
cancel hunting to do a home project?

Does not compute.

Water. Lots and lots of water.
Yeah. Going to rake it, water the soil good, take again, then hit it with fertilizer before I put the sod down. Should have 3 good weeks of weather before it gets too cold.

Sooo….I managed to complete the “honey do” list early this year! 🥹 I was told by the wife, “good job honey I am proud of you.” I heard, “nice, I am all caught up and free for the season!” 💪🏼 When actually she was saying, “here’s the next batch of “things”and oh by the way we need to have these done before you go this weekend elk hunting!”😳 here I go, Wish me luck😔🙄
People actually live like this?

Always believed in the “be a good husband all year long and do what needs doing and damn well hunt when hunting season rolls around with no guilt or obligation.”.

If you are pulling your weight all year long, why would your spouse be able to or even want to guilt you into last minute stress to do some projects right away that can wait.

Dunno, but hunting is not something a person should have to apologize for nor beg a hall pass for….

People actually live like this?

Always believed in the “be a good husband all year long and do what needs doing and damn well hunt when hunting season rolls around with no guilt or obligation.”.

If you are pulling your weight all year long, why would your spouse be able to or even want to guilt you into last minute stress to do some projects right away that can wait.

Dunno, but hunting is not something a person should have to apologize for nor beg a hall pass for….
Yeah, things like that and my refusal to cave are likely two of several reasons I've made it 36 years without getting married. But I suppose, in theory, I just avoided my first two divorces. At any rate, I'm going hunting soon and all will be right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caveman84
Back