Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Randy’s FB Hacked?

Is it insider trading if we sell all our shares of their stock based on this thread?

I actually don’t own any of their stock directly, but I’m sure they’re in a few index funds.

They circumvent the FB multi-factor verifications and then take over as Admin of a business page. They then change the current admins to a lower level of permissions.

Next step is to change the PW of all current page administrators. As a result, you can't log into your own business account, as you don't know the new PW.

Happened to Hoyt, Bowtech, and a bunch of other hunting companies recently.

FB couldn't care if the problem gets solved. So frustrating. Our social media firm is doing all they can, with FB being mostly non-responsive.
Dump em. I left years ago and haven't looked back. Left instagram last year and also couldn't be happier about that too.

I decided to Set the phone down and enjoy life a little more...a touch ironic that I'm typing this reply on my phone though.

Good luck

Dump em. I left years ago and haven't looked back. Left instagram last year and also couldn't be happier about that too.

I decided to Set the phone down and enjoy life a little more...a touch ironic that I'm typing this reply on my phone though.

Good luck
I deleted my account years ago, one of the most freeing thing I have done. Probably would have gone back to a flip phone too if it wasn't for Onx.

I don’t get it what was the point of hacking it if your just posting whatever videos? @Big Fin Are they trying to extort you to give you the password back? What the heck is the end game.

All actions taken on the posts (views, likes and comments) will create profiles for like audiences. They could even build in pixels and track your browsing activity to target you in the future.

Whenever you see your friends clicking on the stupid games like "find a word that starts with M" or "take this quiz for your spirit animal" you are just offered your data in volume.

I had an account for a few months between wife1 and wife2. Wife2 (gf at the time) got really really upset that I set set my relationship status as “It’s complicated”. I decided I didn’t need those kinds of headaches or debates and deleted my account. That was 2008. Don’t feel like I’ve missed anything.

I had no idea what FB is when I saw this thread come up. Guess I'm safe. Sounds like social media is becoming more of an evil than a benefit. Very sad that some people don't have better things to do than be anonymously disruptive. Wasting electricity ... and oxygen.

I don’t have anything other than this forum thing and I barely can do this. Just way more important things to do. The world doesn’t need to know what goes on in my life. I would like to know how to post a song for music fridays. 🤣🤣

Bummer on the hack, hope it is resolved soon.

I never understood the FB hate. The only drama I see on FB is what I have allowed. I can easily block content or people that piss me off. If someone is a moron, spouting stupid crap, get rid of them. Plenty of dip sheets here as well. I put up with it until I don't. It is an easy fix.

I still see plenty of value in FB, you control the drama.

It has also allowed me to make some coin on photography. ;)

I had to deal with a few cases of this way back when I was in IT before my archives job. This can serve as a warning to everyone. I am not saying this is how it happened to Randy, but this is the typical scenario.

How it starts:

Two ways, one is a phishing attack and the other is gaining password info through the profile page.

In phishing attacks, the hacker sends emails to everyone they can gain an email on via the FB page usually titled "FB Unauthorized Login Attempt". Sometimes they will even link back to the page or use information known to everyone they targeted. The email has a link that leads you to a fake FB login page where you enter your username and password. Through that they access the page and change the settings. Several state pages and accounts got hacked this way.

Second way, and very common is people use passwords that are gleaned off specific details of information on the page. Hackers are expert at piecing this together.

Other ways are brute force and dictionary attacks for which FB is vulnerable to. Your account should be locked after three failed attempts at login, but I was able to retrieve my password once when I locked my own account through very little positive identification processes.

Now FB is very weak in the area of user account security. They do not enforce password security and never forces you to change passwords periodically like they should. You are entirely on your own. In my experience, they are extremely poor at responding to hacking reports even worse than what AOL was. AOL you could at least call someone and talk to a real human. With Facebook, that is near impossible.

got off FB yrs ago even as a sm business didnt like the BS and I dont care what your dinner looks like
never had any other scocial meadia at 58 im not missing anything im sure if the world is ending someone will call me lol

Bummer on the hack, hope it is resolved soon.

I never understood the FB hate. The only drama I see on FB is what I have allowed. I can easily block content or people that piss me off. If someone is a moron, spouting stupid crap, get rid of them. Plenty of dip sheets here as well. I put up with it until I don't. It is an easy fix.

I still see plenty of value in FB, you control the drama.

It has also allowed me to make some coin on photography. ;)
Evidently the biggest attraction is being able to brag to anyone who will listen that you don’t have a FB.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back