Randy’s FB Hacked?

Sorry to hear about the troubles, Randy. Hope it gets resolved soon, and we can get back to one of the few useful pages on that platform.

Happened to my wife a few years ago. And it's not like you can call Facebook and talk to someone for help. Nah, God forbid they employ people with healthcare and all that! You just go through all their stupid troubleshooting pages. (Maybe its different for verified business people).

Well at least theres some education content being put on there. Could be some really bad non family related material :)

I’ve seen the same stuff posted on some other pages too. Eiven Kilcher from that Alaskan TV show is one of them

I don’t get it what was the point of hacking it if your just posting whatever videos? @Big Fin Are they trying to extort you to give you the password back? What the heck is the end game.

Just curious if everyone else is seeing weird videos not relative to Randy’s usual post on his Facebook. Some random stuff showing up from him. Car Chases, Shark Boy and Lave Girl Scene, some merged out mom in a foreign country video...
Yes, I have. Something not right?

They circumvent the FB multi-factor verifications and then take over as Admin of a business page. They then change the current admins to a lower level of permissions.
Next step is to change the PW of all current page administrators. As a result, you can't log into your own business account, as you don't know the new PW.

Happened to Hoyt, Bowtech, and a bunch of other hunting companies recently.

FB couldn't care if the problem gets solved. So frustrating. Our social media firm is doing all they can, with FB being mostly non-responsive.
They would care if your page was anti-gun. Sad

Well at least theres some education content being put on there. Could be some really bad non family related material :)
Ironic because the people that are hacking "these sites" (Randy's, hunting, shooting, outdoorsman, gun advocates and more) consider these sites as "REALLY BAD NON FAMILY RELATED MATERIAL". It's the very reason they do it. I hate to say it because I try and stay as far away from political issues as possible but cancel culture is alive and well and coming for our community.

I don’t get it what was the point of hacking it if your just posting whatever videos? @Big Fin Are they trying to extort you to give you the password back? What the heck is the end game.
I was just gonna ask the same thing. It doesn't even remotely make sense, and now I'm hoping I didn't get malware or something from watching ten seconds of that weird shark video.

Please tell me how. I have not used mine in YEARS, but when I tried, I couldn’t figure out how to delete it.
Gotta log in and delete all pictures you posted,or they steal them. Then dig into account settings & you'll find it. Not easy to find or do.
I was only on a year or so.

Back