Randy helped me get a bull

The joy on your face is priceless Scott! Thank you for sharing and thanks Randy for the write up!

Wow! Not sure I could say anything better than that! Archery elk kill is something I will never accomplish at my age so its great to see someone get it done!
I cannot find words to express how happy I was for Scott or how thankful I am for his 35+ years of friendship. At this age, hunting for me is less about the animal and mostly about the people I get to share the experiences with. Whether I have the tag or someone else has the tag, the camaraderie, the camps shared, the storied told, and the memories made are the true trophies of the hunts.

I've been blessed to be on some remarkable adventures in my life. Of all the great hunts I've been luck to be a part of, this hunt with Scott will be in top handful of the ones that mean the most to me.

Thanks so much, Scott. You are a remarkable man. The fact that many of your friends would take time to join on this hunt is a testimony to the feelings they have for you and your approach to life. I can only hope that every person reading this has a "Scott Jones" in their close circle of friends.

At the risk of offending some with a "posse photo," I am posting this to show the rest of the folks who added so much to Scott's hunt. Mike C., Michael P., Aspen W., Robbie W., Don K., and @Spitz. A great group of people, all of whom feel the same gratitude for their friendship with Scott.

View attachment 240222
Thanks for the writing Randy. I cherish your friend ship.

It's pretty cool when people can hunt together long term and it continues to work well.

I have a good friend that I've done 3 elk trips with, now. He's very reliable and our personalities seem to mesh well. I'm realizing more and more what a valuable thing that is. So it's really cool so see these kind of stories.

Wow....when they say it takes a village I never knew that was associated with elk hunts....LOL...How many more are off camera?
m-parente-jpg.240222

Last edited:
Wow....when they say it takes a village I never knew that was associated with elk hunts....LOL...How many more are off camera?
m-parente-jpg.240222
None are off camera. It didn't require that many, but these folks all wanted to help Scott. And, Scott wanted them all to be there. So, that is what it is. A great elk camp if ever there was one.

Congratulations Scott!! Sounds like you got the bull you deserved!
Thanks for sharing this story of good things happening to good people. There seems to be a shortage of both these days.

Back