Rancher: Wolf agent 'trespassed'

Nemont, I wasnt aware that the fed in question kicked down the landowners front door and entered the landowners house...

If he had, he would deserve a ticket, and also to be shot.

I've had lots of kids and adults cut across my front lawn, I've never thought of having them charged with trespassing though.

Buzz,
Putting words in my mouth. I didn't say he kicked in the door. My point is private property is same whether it is your house or your own deeded ranch land. If you choose to let people cut across your property that is fine but doesn't mean the neighbors have to let them trespass.
These are not children cutting across the lawn. They had a helicopter at their disposal, they could have asked. That is my point. They are not above the law, period. Maybe it is not the first time this rancher has been trespassed upon, maybe he has made it clear that he wants to told when someone is going to be working on his land. There is also more to the story then is being told. It amazes me how quick you jump on the ranchers regardless of the posts.
Nemont

EG, IT, Buzz et al., look at the issue for what its worth, at face value:

1 - Feds captured wolves in one area.

2 - Feds tranport wolves from capture area to PRIVATE LAND used for calving.

3 - Feds are caught on PRIVATE LAND without permission.

4 - Landowner does not feel "charitible" enough toward the feds bringing wolves to his CALVING PASTURE to forgive the transgression.

5 - Local federal employees and wolf lovers on this site take this defense of PRIVATE PROPERTY - CALVING PASTURE as a platform to once again attack not only this cattleman, but all cattlemen who would use public grazing allotments. (But have yet to show this rancher uses any).

Nemont, it also amazes me how quickly you jump to defend ranchers...

Reasonable???

Lets see, you're flying around in a helicopter chasing wolves all over the place, you have no idea where you'll catch them. Who are they supposed to contact when they have no idea where they'll catch the wolves or when they'll run low on fuel?

For Christ sake, they ran their airplane out of gas and had to make a decision. They needed to find some shade after they landed on a road. Thats not malicous, its just a situation that happened.

I can tell you a similar story, I used to work on a helitack crew for the USFS. One day we're flying along and the copter started filling with smoke. We landed in a farmers field and found out we had an electrical fire, no big deal, but at the time we werent going to fly another 50 miles to Superior MT, to find out what was going on. Did we deserve a ticket for that? According to you, we did. I happen to think that in these types of situation, only an unreasonable jackass would prosecute.

This is the same thing, its ridiculous. Their intent that day was not to damage any property or trespass. Unforseen things happen when you deal with wild animals, machines that run out of gas, and human beings.

I understand I'm being totally unreasonable...
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh, and Nemont, you were the one that brought up the "feds entering your house"...to me theres a big difference between entering someones home and stepping on their property or on my front lawn.

Ten bears, read the article you bonehead, the article never said they darted the wolves on private land, never said the road was private, never said they landed on private property. Only that they moved the wolves off the road to some shade...

I tell you what I'd do, if I was in charge...

I'd let that A-hole prosecute, I'd make the pilot and the federal biologist pay the fine...

Thats where it would end though, and I mean END. I'd never respond to another call to deal with wolves on private land again.

This rancher will soon find that two can play the game...

Some here have a very clear agenda. That is to turn every discussion into a ATV or Rancher bashing session. Funnier than hell how this is private land we're talking about and this guy is still called a welfare rancher. Some assholes just can't quit bashing, even if it's just for the sake of bashing............

Stay tuned to "As Moosies Sight Turns"

Hey bullhound,

Should we make a bet if this rancher has any federal or state leases?

I'll give you 4-1 odds...I'd offer to bet houses, but I dont need a trailer house next to a meth lab in Lewiston...

Oh, but this gets even better. We are no longer just looking at a trespassing charge, we are now calling for a CONGRESSIONAL INVESTIGATION!!! :rolleyes:
County commissioners Tuesday will consider seeking a congressional investigation into the handling of four wolves on a Meeteetse area ranch Feb. 14.

Commission chairman Tim Morrison, who is from Meeteetse, said rancher Randy Kreuger called him with information about the incident and asked him to pass documentation of it to the county attorney.

"This is a terrible thing for a landowner to have to deal with," Morrison said. He said he has known Kruger for some time, and finds him to be "responsible, calm and reasonable."

But coming upon Mike Jimenez and another person on his property near four tranquilized wolves in the same area where his cattle were about to calve deeply upset Kruger, Morrison said.

"Nothwithstanding any local charges (the Larsen Ranch Co. may file trespass charges against the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service), Congress needs to look into it," Morrison told fellow commissioners during a special meeting Friday.

"If they (F&WS) are doing it there, they're going it other places," Morrison added. "What are they doing in the rest of the state? There has to be an investigation."

He said the result of a congressional inquiry is unclear, except that it could "find out what happened, hour to hour," from the perspectives of both the rancher and government.

Another outcome of an investigation, Morrison added, is, "Congress might get insight into what's happening here" and understand the "stress recreating of wolf habitat has on our way of life."
Link

This ain't about trespassing, it is about Wolves, and therefore, this ain't about a rancher, it is about a Welfare Rancher .

Nemont,

If the fed guy came in my house, I would likely shoot the intruder. If his pick-up broke down, and he pulled off the road on to my deeded land along the road, I would likely help him fix his pick-up.

What you have here is a bunch of welfare ranchers making a mountain out of a molehill.

Nemont says, "I agree that it is no big deal but in the larger picture the rancher wants to make a statement that even the Federal boys need to respect private property. Most ranchers would have let them if they had the asked. I think that is the point here."

You can see how much the welfare ranchers respect OUR property by the fact that 60% of BLM is in poor condition due to overgrazing.

You want the gummint agents to catch the wolves and then somehow ask permission to land with them? The idea is to catch the wolves and land as fast as possible and get them stabilized so there's as little stress on them as possible. They're real valuable wolves, remember?----about a million bucks each. :D

I really can't be bothered with this topic anymore. Anyone a brain can see what's going on with Randy Kruger and his buddies. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

NEMONT, now to paraphrase for EG.
If the fed guy came in my house, I would likely shoot the intruder. If his pick-up broke down, and he pulled off the road on to my deeded land along the road, I would likely help him fix his pick-up.
The rancher should be able to shoot the wolves, and then help the feds refuel and load them back on the helicopter. :D :D :D :D :D

Look, if the same thing happened here I would not prosecute because I think it is a waste of time. EG, I agree I would help out someone who broke down and needed shade. IN fact I can't think of anyone in my neck of the woods, with the exception of the Freemen on the south side of FT. Peck lake, who would react the way this guy did. MY POINT HERE IS THAT THE FEDS ARE NOT ABOVE THE LAW. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WETHER OR NOT THE GUY HAS GRAZING PERMIT OR NOT.

So Buzz don't get your panties in a bunch if your helicopter was on fire and you landed on our ranch we wouldn't prosecute you.

Nemont

Buzz,

$20.00 bet? O.K. you're on.

One condition. If you are right and he does have any federal leases at the BS discount rate, you win. The condition is you have to show up in Lewiston to get your reward.

Bullhound,

I'll get over to Lewiston probably not until this fall or next spring, busting steelhead. I probably wont make it this spring for steelhead or salmon.

We can settle up on the bet then, by the way, you owe me 20...

MD, It's great to have you back again! Ten Bears needs help and you're just nutty enough to be on his side! :D All those other welfare rancher, fatassed ATV rider, wildlife habitat destroyer defenders have given up in the face of overwhelming evidence they were wrong! Even michael has seen the light since the welfare ranchers destroyed his elk huntin' spot! :D :D

mike, "THATS THE KETTLE CALLING THE POT BLACK" You got that one bass ackwards! :D And, anyway, I never called any pot black. :D I always called it green, brown or gold. :D

[ 03-03-2004, 22:24: Message edited by: Ithaca 37 ]

"Who, but an angry low-life puke, would want charges pressed for this???? "

Buzz,
I have asked that question many times in regards to the way the green groups / treehuggers go about in there quest to oust the rancher's.
Go take a look at many of the chicken chit charge's and bull crap that Jon Marvel start's ,then me can talk about low-life puke's!!!!

The rancher's and ALOT of others never wanted the wolf brought back in the first place ,and they spoke up about it,now many of the things they were concerned about are happening because of it.

I guess if the feds/government want respect it's time some of them and the green/treehugger org. start showing some to the people that are most effected by the predator's and the rush to SAVE the earth.
Let's not forget that it's my land also and I have no problem with the rancher's grazing it.

It's all about the way the rancher's have been being treated that its come to this.
I don't blame them one bit.

Well...you DO have to remember that the wolves were here before the ranchers. I'm not even sure where I stand on the wolf reintroduction issue, as I don't like MY deer and elk being eaten any more than the ranchers want their livestock eaten. But it is because of ranching that wolves were eliminated, and really how can anybody possibly think that wiping out a species is ok? I think the federal employees dealing with the wolves should have the right to trespass.

NO WH, I think you need to reread:
tres·pass ( P ) Pronunciation Key (trsps, -ps)
intr.v. tres·passed, tres·pass·ing, tres·pass·es
2. Law. To commit an unlawful injury to the person, property, or rights of another, with actual or implied force or violence, especially to enter onto another's land wrongfully.

I would see drugged wolves brought to my property and left in my calving pasture as "implied force".

CHAPTER 14
PREDATORY ANIMAL CONTROL REGULATION
(iii) Landowner approvals.
(1) No person shall aerial hunt over private property without written permission of the owner or person in charge of the property.
http://wyagric.state.wy.us/techserv/Laws/Aerial%20Hunting%20Regs.txt
Would you put federal employees above state law????

Complaining about the wolf re-introduction is stupid. It done, they're here and aren't going anywhere. Why not focus on how to properly manage them?

As far as the charges, the rancher has the right and is exercising it. But, I do feel it is being blown a bit out of proportion. Just another frivolous lawsuit that will amount to nothing but wasted money for both sides.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back