Rancher: Wolf agent 'trespassed'

feclnogn

next to the rock over by the tree on the other sid
Rancher: Wolf agent 'trespassed'

By BUZZY HASSRICK
A Meeteetse rancher says the federal official in charge of wolves in Wyoming illegally handled four wolves in his calving pasture recently.

Mike Jimenez of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service did not have permission to be on private land when he was discovered with four tranquilized wolves south of Meeteetse on Feb. 14, rancher Randy Kruger said.

Larsen Ranch Co. owners say they may ask Park County Attorney Bryan Skoric to file criminal trespass charges against the Fish and Wildlife Service.

Unclear is whether the federal official found the wolves on private land or transported them there.

F&WS officials could not be reached for comment, but agency representatives have called rancher Ralph Larsen to apologize, his son-in-law Randy Kruger said.

http://www.codyenterprise.com/articles/2004/02/26/news/news1.txt

Hmmmmmm, Interesting

By BUZZY HASSRICK
Wolves near Dubois, the Washakie Pack, had mostly evaded attempts to collar them until mid-February, when they were spotted between Thermopolis and Meeteetse.

A federal agent boarded a helicopter, darted and retrieved four wolves, processed them and landed with the tranquilized animals while the pilot went off to refuel. The landing site was on a road; the processing site allegedly on adjacent private ranchland.

"We do our best not to go on other people's property," said Mike Jimenez, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service's wolf project leader for Wyoming. "We sincerely apologize if we do.

"Our intention was to focus on collaring wolves."

Rancher Randy Kruger, who met Jimenez on site Feb. 14, has asked county officials to consider filing trespassing charges http://www.codyenterprise.com/articles/2004/03/02/news/news1.txt
This is a follow up story.

Randy Kruger is just a typical pain in the ass welfare rancher. After all the bitchin' those welfare ranchers do about wolves, you'd think he'd be happy some got collared so they'd be easier to track if there's ever a problem with them. But no, he's gotta find something to whine about. Probably figures he might get some of the taxpayers money outta this. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ithaca actually, you should have said, "probably figures he might get some MORE of the taxpayers money outta this."

Whats wrong with the guy wanting to file charges for trespassing. They broke the law. Just because they work for the govenment doesn't mean they don't have to follow their own laws.

I heard that some of the ranchers in SW MT won't let the Fish and game cops onto their land to capture and collar wolves either. The only reason I could see was that if they don't have a collar SSS becomes a lot easier...

Bambistew,

As I read it, the extent of their trespassing was to move off the middle of the road into the shade next to the road?

If some lady broke down, with a 18 month old baby, and moved a few feet of the road, would the rancher pursue her for trespassing

Yes, the rancher is within his rights to pursue the charges, but it just adds fuel to the wolf-huggers that the ranchers are unwilling to work to "manage" the wolves, and are trying to make things as difficult as possible, like the Wyoming guys.

"If some lady broke down, with a 18 month old baby, and moved a few feet of the road, would the rancher pursue her for trespassing"

That can only be answered by giving us the rest of the story :D

Was the lady one of the greenie/treehuggers that are trying to kick the ranchers off there own land? Was she big supporter of bring back the wolf ?
A supporter of The western watershed project?

If so the rancher had ever right to get pissed and play hard ball right back at them.
As long as the baby was OK ,does it really matter if the rancher pursued her for tresspassing?
All of it sounds mild when placed side by side to what the ranchers have to put up with in dealing with the treehuggers and green factor.

"Yes, the rancher is within his rights to pursue the charges, but it just adds fuel to the wolf-huggers that the ranchers are unwilling to work to "manage" the wolves, and are trying to make things as difficult as possible, like the Wyoming guys"

Elkgunner,I agree with your statment.
However its not all just about the WOLF-------we all have to remember the fuel that is being dumped on the fire by the wolf-hugger/treehugger/rancher bashers that are not willing to step back and let some of them try whats being asked of them.
It goes both ways.

EG says:
As I read it, the extent of their trespassing was to move off the middle of the road into the shade next to the road?
I didn't see any maps with those articles, but I did read this, and even it doesn't say how far.
A federal agent boarded a helicopter, darted and retrieved four wolves, processed them and landed with the tranquilized animals while the pilot went off to refuel. The landing site was on a road; the processing site allegedly on adjacent private ranchland.
Randy Kruger is just a typical pain in the ass welfare rancher.
Somebody you know personally IT, or are you just making ASSumptions?

I think Mr.Jiminez should be charged with trespass. I don't think they could charge the whole agancy for his trespass. :eek: :D

MD4M, good to see ya back. :D :D

Ten,

Have one of the 4th graders on the bus read you the article, then maybe you will understand.

So they flew to the nearest flat spot - the LU Ranch Road west of WYO 120. The handlers moved the four wolves down the bank while the pilot left to refuel.

"We put the wolves into the shade to protect their eyes," Jimenez said, because their eyelids remain open after darting. He was eating lunch when Kruger drove by and stopped.

"We were exhausted," Jimenez added. "We weren't hiding. We really don't sneak around."
My guess is the Gov't guy was not carrying the 150lb "Flesh Eating Carnivores" too far off the road, as the objective was to just get them in the shade and eat lunch.

Maybe they could have got some Fat-Assed ATV rider to help them with even farther trespassing, as we all know most ATV riders are committed to trespassing and straying off of roads and designated trails. :rolleyes:

"They were on our deeded land and in our calving pasture."
And in the process, Jimenez said he had no time to consult a map for indications of land ownership. The fourth wolf they picked up was located in rocky, rough terrain.

"We couldn't land and work there safely," Jimenez said.

So they flew to the nearest flat spot - the LU Ranch Road west of WYO 120. The handlers moved the four wolves down the bank while the pilot left to refuel.
So, how is that not tresspassing! The way I read it they admitted to it! If I don't have time to consult a map and end up on private land I would get a trespassing ticket...

If some lady broke down, with a 18 month old baby, and moved a few feet of the road, would the rancher pursue her for trespassing
What, are you a fuggn animal rights activist? Animals are not humans and don't have the same wrights as we do. That sounds exactly like something you would hear from a PETA freak!

I just lost a whole lot of respect for you! Excuse me while I go puke...

Besides it would Depend on if that baby had the capablity to eat my livestock, family pet or run my pregnent cows around to cause abortion!

What gives the fish cops the right to capture wolves and trespass where ever they feel like it? They had a frickn helocopter, its not like they had to pack some of those 150 pound B&C wolves on their back... THEY COULD FLY!

The way I understood it they captured the wolves some off and some on private and released ALL of them on the private land. They said they left, but again what right do they have to release animals on private property? I don't care if they ran away or not they still did it!

How hard would it have been to fly a couple miles or how ever far it was to public land? The flat spot rule is BS if you ask me. They're just tring to save thier asses!

I hope they make an example of them! :D

Well said BS. :D :D :D

Bambistew,

I was not trying to equate the wolves to the 18 month old baby with mom. I was trying to point out that the likely "extenuating" circumstance that caused the rancher to consider pursuing charges was the presence of the Wolves.

My guess is that 99% of the people in the world could have moved into the shade, and the rancher would have offered them a drink of water. Put a government guy out there with a wolf, and he now wants trespassing charges filed.

He is well within his rights, probably, to pursue the charges. But it is not becuase he is damaged or does not like trespassers, it is because it was a wolf.

Ten and Bambi, Try to think rationally. The gummint agents weren't trying to do any harm to anything. They were trying to help ranchers by collaring wolves. How much actual damage was done to the welfare rancher by this incident?

Admit it. He's just being a pain in the ass, and I bet the other welfare ranchers are egging him on.

If some gummint employee walked onto your land to sit in the shade, would you make a federal case out of it?

I agree, the person in question did no damage to the landowner.

I wouldnt let it bother me though, all they'd get is a $50 dollar ticket, that the taxpayers would have to cover anyway...really proves a point, right?

I find it entertaining that a federal employee sits in the shade and the rancher wants a ticket issued, yet, at the same time, welfare ranchers that have been TRESPASSING on MY PUBLIC LANDS, in violation of their grazing agreements for years and years, are all upset because the gummint makes them comply (or wants to fine them).

This is ridiculous, and I'd like to see this land in a court room, I'd slap the rancher with a ticket for wasting my time and taxpayer money on something this ridiculous. I'd like to know how many times I've listened to ranchers, hunters, people on this board, and the average tax payer whine about frivolous lawsuits...this a prime example of what needs to stop.

Sure I understand its a waste of time and he's being a pain in the ass but what will the feds do next? Why should exceptions be made for them trespassing and not everyone else.

I think its time to make a point of some of the crap that goes on. The government is not above the laws they make. I think its bullshit that they think they can just get away with what ever they want just because they put the fuggin wolf up on a pedistal thats above all laws!

Why do all these threads turn into welfare ranching? The property in question is PRIVATE in his calving pasture.

Bambistew,

I can see your point, I really can. I dont think anyone should knowingly and willing trespass for a reason to do damage to the landowner or his property. I'm all into landowner rights. I agree that the feds arent above the law, but they should be afforded the same reasonable judgement that most humans exhibit. If I broke my leg and needed to "trespass" to keep out of the sun, I'd be pissed if I was slapped with a ticket for doing so. Who, but an angry low-life puke, would want charges pressed for this???? Its sad that out of all the people in this world, so few are actually human beings...The rancher in this case is an ass, I doubt he'd press similar charges if his neighbor did the same thing...

But, lets look at this issue...theres a lot here that hasnt been stated.

I never even read where the land was posted...

Even if it is, who would be unrealistic enough to slap someone with a fine for getting into some shade?

This whole thing is a joke.

Also, I guess its the irony of the ranchers wanting the feds around to dole out the money, manage for their cattle, take care of their complaints on big-game, etc. etc. etc...then whine when a fed shades up on their land. Its ridiculous.

I guess I just dont want to believe that people have become this unreasonable.

I've unknowingly trespassed many times while working for the Government, and I've been confronted several times. I've never had a bad experience, most people understand that maps arent clear, boundaries change, property ownership changes, unforeseen situations come up, and that everyone makes mistakes...its just part of being human.

EG, IT, Buzz et al.,

Would you let government agents enter your house at any time to take a break? No big deal right they just want to kick back.

I agree that it is no big deal but in the larger picture the rancher wants to make a statement that even the Federal boys need to respect private property. Most ranchers would have let them if they had the asked. I think that is the point here.

Nemont

Good post Bambistew!!!
"I think its time to make a point of some of the crap that goes on. The government is not above the laws they make. I think its bullshit that they think they can just get away with what ever they want just because they put the fuggin wolf up on a pedistal thats above all laws!"

You all know it's not only about them tresspassing,it's about the whole wolf crap//rancher haters and all that
these ranchers have put up with.
Now the rancher has a chance to jerk someone else around and we have people mad at him LOL

"Why do all these threads turn into welfare ranching? The property in question is PRIVATE in his calving pasture."

The answer has to be,
Because you can't be a Jon Marvel backer and not get your kicks in on the rancher's.
It's agenda driven hate for anyone or anything that will not bow down and do as they say !!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back