Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Rainbow Gathering picks Routt County

I am not into gatherings of any sort. Football games, rodeos, rock concerts, etc. all have too many people for my comfort zone. When I was an interpretive park ranger I always went after jobs at small units. I enjoyed interacting person to person or with small groups. Anything bigger than fifteen visitors was just too damn artificial.

The NW Colorado high country is already infested with tens of thousands of domestic sheep that trample and $hit on everything. I can’t imagine 30,000 hippies could hurt much. Sarcasm!

Years ago they stayed on in Cutthroat on the North Slope of Uintas.

We were camped on the Millcreek side.

Real wet cold weekend. 1/3 naked hippie chicks wandered through camp about half froze with a bottle of Jack looking for a ride.

We hauled them, in back of truck to keep the smell out. I couldn't believe the site at their "camp".

Didn't dare hunt elk on that side that year for fear of finding the shitting area.

Worse though than the hippies, is the gawkers who come to see the freak show.

Plan on staying out of the forest that week

I think they are really wise to do this in Colorado.

Virginia is for lovers, and Colorado is for poop lovers. This will only enhance the experience of knowing you can see human poop anywhere from downtown Denver to the high country and everywhere in between.

There is a picture of them in Carras Park when they visited Missoula Montana that is worth googling. One of them is taking a big swig off of a bottle of Sriracha.

Sounds like they started writing some tickets but only 2,500 people are in attendance so far.

The East cog out of Hayden might survive but I doubt California Park or Adams Park and/or Saddle Mountain will. Adams Park is way too small to accommodate that many people, and the creek that runs through the middle of it will run yellow to brown for weeks after they leave.
I hate to think that an area where I elk hunted so many years ago has gone to this. Just another reason why I'm glad I bailed out of CO long ago.

That really sucks, my grandpa said that they were in Paonia, CO a few years ago, it was awful. They would "take showers" in the misting sprayers in the grocery stores, and they would poke holes in the bread and meat packages so that they would have to throw them away, then they would go dumpster diving after them. I'm all for people to use public land but this crap is taking things way to far.

I just read an article written with some first-hand info: https://coloradosun.com/2022/07/06/rainbow-family-gathering-2022-colorado/

Instead of paying for organization and permits, I guess they pay via fines/tickets. The feds set-up a temporary court on-site and issue citations for all kinds of illegal drugs, including marijuana (it's legal according to some States, but not according to the federal govt).

I think it will take a while for the scowl to come off of my face after reading that article. The insanity on display is mind-blowing. To paraphrase, "Like, why can't we all just get along, man? If we all just sat around getting high and spreading diseases, the world would be so much better."

So basic anatomy physiology calculates average human craps about 1lb/day. Attendance roughly stated 2500x7days x 1lb= 8.75 TONS of glorious human excrement plus paper, leaves, pine needles, pine cones(ouch), plus how many gallons of urine and all the other "crap" left behind.

What needs to be done is a full photo video journal expose' of the remnants left from the "rainbow troupe" to document and hopefully generate necessary position to prevent it again.

I just read an article written with some first-hand info: https://coloradosun.com/2022/07/06/rainbow-family-gathering-2022-colorado/

Instead of paying for organization and permits, I guess they pay via fines/tickets. The feds set-up a temporary court on-site and issue citations for all kinds of illegal drugs, including marijuana (it's legal according to some States, but not according to the federal govt).

I think it will take a while for the scowl to come off of my face after reading that article. The insanity on display is mind-blowing. To paraphrase, "Like, why can't we all just get along, man? If we all just sat around getting high and spreading diseases, the world would be so much better."
I just read that article. I’d rather have a bunch of people praying for peace on federal land than mining/logging/grazing/off road vehicles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back