Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Rain. :/

raiderbowhunter

Well, I finally have caught a break at work to free up a week to head out and attempt to make use of the tag Montana FWP issued me and it is calling for rain Friday Saturday and Sunday coming up later this week. Yay. My question is should I go ahead and make the haul up to the breaks to maybe catch one last bugling inbred Gomer ass bull hopefully tied to a tree or wait another few days with the chance of rain being 60%.....? Gosh. Talk about annoying lol

Keep in mind this is my first archery season as a MT resident. Back home in TX rain wasn't a thing because the box blind at the feeder was nice and dry. Haha.

Pack the muck boots and extra food for the days you can't move your vehicle on gumbo roads. Enjoy!

No Fear is what gets recent transplants in trouble around here.Your Texas truck wont look too pretty when the wheel wells get removed with a cutting torch in order to chip out the cement behind. For cripes sake its no joke.

No Fear is what gets recent transplants in trouble around here.Your Texas truck wont look too pretty when the wheel wells get removed with a cutting torch in order to chip out the cement behind. For cripes sake its no joke.

Listen closely to this guy gumbo is no joke and some of those roads in the breaks are mighty steep and rugged. You can't move on flat ground in that junk hardly!

I work in the ag fields that are the same gumbo, not going to drive through roads if they are shitty. don't worry about me tearing up the fine roads of Montana lol

I've learned to never question reliable locals about weather, roads, or both. Going against that advise always seems like the beginning of a Stephen King novel.

What about the rain gear? Forget camo this or that, what works? Of the stuff that works... affordable?

What about the rain gear? Forget camo this or that, what works? Of the stuff that works... affordable?

top of my list is to pack rain gear. Mine isn't Kuiu or Sitka, just some old school Russell stuff from they attempted camo. I am not too excited about it, but hopefully it keeps me dry and warm(ish)

I work in the ag fields that are the same gumbo, not going to drive through roads if they are shitty. don't worry about me tearing up the fine roads of Montana lol
Tearing up the road will be the least of your worries if it gets bad out there. I have hunted the Breaks, and all the talk about the mud and not being able to hunt didn't bother me. Not the first time anyway. I thought I was quite the badass. That country will humble you in a fricken hurry. Take the advice given. mtmuley

Tearing up the road will be the least of your worries if it gets bad out there. I have hunted the Breaks, and all the talk about the mud and not being able to hunt didn't bother me. Not the first time anyway. I thought I was quite the badass. That country will humble you in a fricken hurry. Take the advice given. mtmuley

Again good advise. I've been there in the rain not good! If ya make a go at it good luck and take pics of the mess. hahahaha;) Nuttin like walking around with 20lb boots.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back