Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Raffles , Raffles, Raffles

I never have, but a good friend drew the Idaho State raffle bighorn sheep tag a while back. Hunted unit 11 and killed a B&C bighorn.

Funny story, the first runner up really wanted that tag bad...and tried to get it.

Just a question has anyone here that’s commented ever been drawn when entering a raffle for a coveted tag?
I have won a dall sheep and caribou hunt, plus gear packages, travel $ and shooting school, taxidermy etc, with a combined value of about $45k

Attachments

• 3B9C93A7-79B1-4CCB-8D03-E38A9C9651C7.jpeg
    3B9C93A7-79B1-4CCB-8D03-E38A9C9651C7.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 28
Well having just thrown my name in the hat for the SD RMEF elk tag raffle, I'm curious who else likes to play the raffles? What are your go to, can't resist raffles?
I do quite a few of the raffles that come along especially if it's for a good group or folks wanting to work towards conservation and hunting. RMEF, NRA, Montana Sportsman for Fish & Wildlife to name a couple off the top of my head. I won a set of cheap Burris binoculars and an afghan blanket at the RMEF banquet one year but that's about it. I usually buy some of the SUPER TAG chances in Montana every year too. They go to a good cause and what the heck I can't seem to draw a tag the normal way for moose and sheep. 42 years in a row now.

I pay my dues in the sheep raffles. NV, WY, AZ, NM, and MT. Also like the Stone sheep raffles, but they don’t like me. Funny story, I was dropping my tickets in the Stone sheep raffle bin at The Sheep Show in Reno this January and right on top I spy a ticket with the name @MTGomer on it. ;) Unfortunately, neither of us won.

I pay my dues in the sheep raffles. NV, WY, AZ, NM, and MT. Also like the Stone sheep raffles, but they don’t like me. Funny story, I was dropping my tickets in the Stone sheep raffle bin at The Sheep Show in Reno this January and right on top I spy a ticket with the name @MTGomer on it. ;) Unfortunately, neither of us won.
So That’s why I didn’t win! Need them tickets to be in the bottom for when they go digging.

Just a question has anyone here that’s commented ever been drawn when entering a raffle for a coveted tag?

You have to play to win. Don't hate me all of Huntalk......

I've been drawn for 7 raffle hunts since 2006.

My advice buy and enter as many raffles as you can. You can't win if you're not in the drawing.

Sandbrew

Back