Yeti GOBOX Collection

Radical thought on cheap clothing

Well here is my take. I have worn "hunting" clothes from hand me down wally world and dollar store gear. Amazon Fashions, all the way up the spectrum to Sitka and First Lite. I have worn out a pretty huge pile of "hunting" clothes. I am hard on clothes and gear and I generally spend a ton of time outdoors.

I'll take the mid to higher end stuff. I love my hodgepodge of Meriwool, Smartwool, Carhartt, Darn Tough, REI brand, Sitka, First Lite, and Meindl boots. I don't give a chit about the brand name or being cool or status or whatever. I know what is the most comfortable, most durable, and works best for me so far and that is what I am going to use. If the wally world and Amazon stuff worked as good for me I would be using that instead.

Spend money on good fitting warm boots. Merino wool tops, long underwear and socks go a long way to keep warm. I found fleece lined Wrangler adventure pants and that is all I wear. I have several coats from waterproof light weight coats to heavy berber fleece ones. I have some under armour base layers and good gloves. This works for me. I'd rather spend money on good boots and warm clothing than a name brand clothing that breaks the bank. Is it any better than what I am using or does it just cost more?

blacksheep
I have a pair of fleece lined Wrangler pants that I wear all winter long...they are my go to pants when its warmer than -20F for hiking/working outside. Went its colder than -20F, I put a pair of polar fleece pants over them and good to go down to -40F.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back