Rabbit Hunters...what do you use?

.22 40 grain sub sonic with a suppressor
Cheers
Richard
me, too, on a M21 Pocket Beretta. Front sight is on the can. The threads on both are flame-hardened, but the can is loctited on the barrel. 8" OAL, 15 ozs. The can is sleeved around the main tube and has an underchamber, 3" long, but 1/2" of that is the threads. The flip up barrel feature is gone, extractor added, real sights, and the barrel release is now the slidelock. Run wet, it's very quiet. No more noisy than a much bigger can if you let the slide cycle and run it 'dry".

Shotgun or 22. If going with 2 people one of each is perfect a shotgun for when they jump close and the 22 for if they stop in the open. If I had to pick one to count on bringing some meat home, shotgun.

Hunted them as a kid in thick cover with a beagle and shotgun. Most shots were full speed runners and we missed far more than we hit, but it was great fun!

I rarely go hunting just for rabbits. We usually run across them while quail or chukar hunting so they get shot with my 12ga using 7 1/2 or 6 shot. Fixed modified choke.

Past few years I have carried my 16 gauge A5 Browning and a 20 gauge O/U. I got a SxS 16 Verney Carron that I want to get out before the season closes at the end of the month. 5's, 6's, or 7 1/2's all work well as long as you choose your shots. And the .22 is a solid choice if you want to slow down and find them before they run.

Depends on what I draw for the fall hunting season. I will use the rifle for practice on rabbits to get ready for the upcoming hunting season.

Although I have been known to use something that is a little larger than normal. That is my .460 Wby.
o1RrhEX.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back