R.I.P - Copper

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Well, today was the day all dog owners have to face. After almost 14 years of hunting, playing, helping us raise a son, and being just an all around great friend, this afternoon Copper went to the big duck blind.

She was bought as the 4th birthday present for our son, Matthew. Little did we know what a great addition she would be to our family.

Was glad to be there and rubbing her ears when she drew her last breath. Just wish we had another season sharing a cold morning as northen flight greenheads filled the skies and made our days eventful.

Those of you who have lost a great dog know what it is like.

Happy Birthday Matthew.
View attachment 5475

My two favorite huntin' pals - circa 1998.
View attachment 5473

First roosters. A better shooter would have had more birds.
View attachment 5474

The best weekend we ever had in the blind.
View attachment 5476

Three hunters - two days - 42 greenheads.
View attachment 5477

Until we hunt together again some day, rest in peace Copper.

February 1, 1994 - October 29, 2007

Attachments

• 49310082.JPG
    49310082.JPG
    223.7 KB · Views: 257
  • 49310087.JPG
    49310087.JPG
    236 KB · Views: 250
  • 49320062.JPG
    49320062.JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 260
  • 49310103.JPG
    49310103.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 243
  • 49310104.JPG
    49310104.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 238
It is a sad day when a great friend goes under. I Have a couple great four legged hunting buddies waiting for me on the otherside. Some day we will once again chase those birds ( though it will probably be pretty damn hot were we will meet again;). )

Those are some great photos you have to bring back the memories.

Sorry to hear about your buddy Big Fin. My best to your family.

fin, my condolences to you, there's nothing like a dawg to be a friend, a family member, and a babysitter all in one. When you're ready, there's nothing like puppy breath.

Walt

14 is a grand old age for any working dog! My condolences. Let that calendar work and when it's time, get a new pup.

You were blessed to have such a fine family member. My heartfelt condolences to you and your family. My heart breaks as I remember my ol' Sam. He was such a great pup, but I digress.

Thanks for sharing the pics of your pup and son. Man, the time flies by!

I feel for ya Big Fin. Went through the same thing last year with my 13 yr. old lab. You'll always have the memories and I am sure we'll see them again on the other side. My condolences to you and yours.

It looks from those pictures that Copper had a great life. 14 years, a good family and many trips to the field. If a young lab could dream up the perfect life, it would sound just like that.

BigFin, you wrote a great testimonal (sp) about Copper. Reading it lets everyone know how much you loved Copper, and how much he will be missed. I always liked my dogs more than most people. My condolences.

Sorry to hear it BigFin....been there myself (twice) and it's never any easier!
Only thing that eventually helps in time is that new one chewing on your boot...looked to be a great dog!

I understand exactly where you are coming from, my old friend of almost 12 years is really slowing down, and he is such a big part of the family it already hurts, and he is still with us.

Sorry for the loss of a family member. I am sure you will have memories that will last a lifetime.

Sorry to hear that Big Fin. Hope you had a nice wake for him. It's always helped me thru the grieving process to gather several buddies and destroy a bottle of Crown or something similar. I just did 60 days ago with my 13 yr old GSHP Maggie.
WD

not too many things tug the old heart strings of mine but this one did...sorry to hear about your loss

Back