Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Quick poll - Shooter?

Would you pull the trigger on this deer?

• Yes, every day and twice on Sunday

Votes: 56 47.9%
  • In my usual hunting area, Yes, but not on my dream tag

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • Last Day Buck

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nope, Never a shooter.

Votes: 11 9.4%

• Total voters

2rocky

cover.jpg

Yeah he won't score well but I'd have a hard time holding off...

Kind of Reminds me of this one..... I WAS able to hold off on shooting him with my rifle, but then he let me get inside bow range.... that was a mistake. Also, obviously doesn't score well, but big mature deer get the business as far as I am concerned.

Attachments

• 2012 Mule Deer sized.jpg
    2012 Mule Deer sized.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 639
I don't like deer meat all that much. My wife likes it but I'm afraid I'd let him slide. I might go look for his sheds. I don't begrudge the choice of others though.

Management buck:rolleyes:

I am not sure what management bucks taste like but if they taste like normal bucks I would kill him.

Definitely. I passed on a huge fork horn whitetail here in Ohio once because he was "only a 4 point" The neighbor got him a couple weeks later in gun season. The buck had 6 inch bases and about a 10" tine off long mainbeams on each side. I'm still sick about not shooting that deer and that has been twenty years ago.

I guess I'm still lookin for that big wide 4x4 (doesn't have to be B&C but nice), once I find one that fits that goal, I'd shoot that buck without thinking about it.

I said "no". That being said it has been tag soup for me the last two years in MT. No worries, still find meat for the freezer.

Back