Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Quick poll - Shooter?

Would you pull the trigger on this deer?

• Yes, every day and twice on Sunday

Votes: 56 47.9%
  • In my usual hunting area, Yes, but not on my dream tag

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • Last Day Buck

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nope, Never a shooter.

Votes: 11 9.4%

• Total voters

2rocky

cover.jpg

Yeah he won't score well but I'd have a hard time holding off...

Kind of Reminds me of this one..... I WAS able to hold off on shooting him with my rifle, but then he let me get inside bow range.... that was a mistake. Also, obviously doesn't score well, but big mature deer get the business as far as I am concerned.

Attachments

• 2012 Mule Deer sized.jpg
    2012 Mule Deer sized.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 639
I don't like deer meat all that much. My wife likes it but I'm afraid I'd let him slide. I might go look for his sheds. I don't begrudge the choice of others though.

Management buck:rolleyes:

I am not sure what management bucks taste like but if they taste like normal bucks I would kill him.

Definitely. I passed on a huge fork horn whitetail here in Ohio once because he was "only a 4 point" The neighbor got him a couple weeks later in gun season. The buck had 6 inch bases and about a 10" tine off long mainbeams on each side. I'm still sick about not shooting that deer and that has been twenty years ago.

I guess I'm still lookin for that big wide 4x4 (doesn't have to be B&C but nice), once I find one that fits that goal, I'd shoot that buck without thinking about it.

I said "no". That being said it has been tag soup for me the last two years in MT. No worries, still find meat for the freezer.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back