Quick Elk Sloppy Joes

Sapper.dawg

We have been working really late saving up our time off for an extended vacation this fall, and needed a quick meal tonight. I decided to make sloppy joes with some ground elk, but failed to have the meat thawed prior to starting. This meal went from freezer to plate in about 20 minutes, and was a hit all around.

Need:
1 lb ground meat
1/2 small white onion
1/4 cup Stubbs Original BBQ Sauce
1 tbs tomato paste
Salt
Pepper

I pulled the frozen meat pack out and placed it in a large skillet with about 1/2 cup of water, and turned the heat to medium. Cover the skillet and let the heat and steam thaw the meat. It should take 10 mins or less. Once thawed, uncover and turn heat up to medium-high and break up meat with spatula. Throw in diced onion and season with salt and pepper. Once the water has cooked off, meat has browned up and the onions are cooked through, add the BBQ sauce and tomato paste. Cook for another minute or two to combine and heat through.

Serve on soft buns…I like mine with a touch of mayo.

sandwich looks good but i must say i have never drank a beer with both a ping pong paddle and a bicycle on it...lol great quick dinner

C

Onions, salt, pepper and barbeque sauce would make shoe leather taste pretty good. But still a great suggestion when forgetting to take meat out to thaw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back