Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Question about private land hunting

Chris76

So as some of you know on here I have been knocking on doors and surfing the web to find a hunting lease to join or start on my own for my son and myself. I talked to a lady today and it went really well I even just met her and she was cutting grass at the age of 71 (not saying that’s old) and I finished cutting it for her and helped her do some other things outside. Her worries are if my son and I get hurt she is wondering if she is reliable and I said I would never sue you and I would sign a paper and pay to get it notarized for her. I even offered to get insurance for the land. Is there anything we can do that will make it that she is safe if we would get hurt. I think people sue way to much and that hurt the honest people in the world. Nothing is in stone that I will have permission yet but I just wanted to give her peace if I found a solution to her worries. I will continue going back and cut her grass and help her out even if I don’t get to hunt. That’s the way I was raised. You help those that you have the power to help. Thank guys and girls and I won’t give up till I found a place for my son to hunt......Chris

I see you are in PA, at the bottom of this link is a form for PA.

It almost impossible to get a rider of insurance for someones property and you cant sign away liability. No matter what someone signs you can still get sued as there are a million ways to work around a liability waiver. If its just hunting property and no residence on it attached most likely she wont have insurance on it as its really hard to insure ground with no structures. Your home policy is for your house and structures not the ground it sits on.

All in all sounds like your doing all the right things and my hats off to you. Good luck.

It almost impossible to get a rider of insurance for someones property and you cant sign away liability. No matter what someone signs you can still get sued as there are a million ways to work around a liability waiver. If its just hunting property and no residence on it attached most likely she wont have insurance on it as its really hard to insure ground with no structures. Your home policy is for your house and structures not the ground it sits on.

All in all sounds like your doing all the right things and my hats off to you. Good luck.
If she agrees could we say I lease it then I could get insurance on it right????? I know I would never sue but I understand her worries. I am going to stop back and talk to her Wednesday and wanted to try and have a answer for. Wanted to say thanks wihunter12 and to for sending me that web site. Just printed the forum off.

I own a section of land in Oregon. No insurance. No company at least in Oregon or a national company will write any policy on bare land. I searched eveywhere. Part of it is if there is a fire, they have no way to value it and no way to rebuild it. Thye can only insure something that can have a replaceable value and can be replaced. I specifically asked about insuring if a hunter gets hurt. My umbrella policy MAY cover it but my attorney and insurance broker says its very likely the insurance will deny any claim on rugged bare land. May be different in other states.

I own a section of land in Oregon. No insurance. No company at least in Oregon or a national company will write any policy on bare land. I searched eveywhere. Part of it is if there is a fire, they have no way to value it and no way to rebuild it. Thye can only insure something that can have a replaceable value and can be replaced. I specifically asked about insuring if a hunter gets hurt. My umbrella policy MAY cover it but my attorney and insurance broker says its very likely the insurance will deny any claim on rugged bare land. May be different in other states.
Look into the QDMA insurance.

My personal liability extends to my farm land aka hunting property. Her’s may do the same. I also added a umbrella on top of all of it to add additional protection for not much money. The other thing may be a lease. Hunting clubs all over indemnify land owners through liability insurance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back