PEAX Equipment

Quest for a Sask whitetail daily updates

This morning watching the “funnel” was slow 2 bucks till I called it at 11:30. Went checked a few coyote snares and grabbed some subway for lunch and checked a couple camera cards. Some new bucks cruising through but just little guys. Around 2:00 I headed into the bait I sat yesterday since my evening plans got messed up by the farmer hauling bales.

What an exciting four hours I had. Saw 8 or 10 different bucks and one that just about got shot. If he wouldn’t have broke his drop tine off at around the 2” mark he would be dead right now. I swear his body was twice the size of the doe that was on the bait at the time. Also saw a crazy 4x4 that had one normal horn and the other was along side his head. Don’t know if he grew it like that or it got broke and is just hanging on. Not much chasing or cruising going on and have noticed fawns off by themselves. Seem to be in the lock down of the rut I guess. Hopefully it ends soon and some more mature bucks start cruising. I’ll put pictures of crazy horn on here tomorrow after I pull the camera card. This was the one I almost shot today
23BE7FDB-F0F5-485B-A47D-62879B56A536.jpeg

Sure look like the same. The good thing there is that now you can shoot him, and have a good model for the taxidermist to look at and repair the broken drop-tine.

Good luck!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back