Queen Elizabeth II Passes Away

As I recall, she was the first woman on the cover of Field & Stream, surrounded by her kennel full of Labrador retrievers.
I wouldn’t have a lot in common with the Queen but I could have talked bird dogs and bird hunting with her.

Attachments

• 45EB18BB-E5B5-4D33-AA3E-8DC23E70F954.jpeg
    45EB18BB-E5B5-4D33-AA3E-8DC23E70F954.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 26
I don't know how the political spectrum turns in U.K. other than the enjoyable and often colorful house debates. As Queen, it's more a stature title vs actual hands on leader/ruler. Is this correct? @devon deer or others?

Regardless, may she rest in peace. She's lived a full life.

Hard to believe, I am 62, and she had already been on the throne for 8 years before i was born!
A true royal!
Charlie boy is getting on in years to be the new king, but I'm sure he will rise to the challenge.
I'm not a royalist, but I respected her as our monarch, being thrown into it like she was, a very strong woman.
She had a very full life.
RIP Queen

@Sytes the royal family have zero political clout, but they can be quite subtle in their ways which can influence politicians.

Can't feel too bad for someone who lived to the ripe old age of 96 in the most privileged position imaginable. Also can't see the logic behind those celebrating her death. I hope everyone finds some peace and solace in their final days. Looks like an extended family member (and member of the commonwealth) is headed that direction.

I remember the Life magazine story about the Coronation my folks had. I was born a few years after.
Remember Churchill came back to help her get settled in.
My ex is a Brit ex pat and I bet she is still sad having grown up with her.

Australia is a member of the Commonwealth group of countries. Which made the Queen our head of state. However this is very much a symbolic title with the Queen having virtually zero influence on our political landscape. The Queen has been and always will be a much loved figure here in Australia. Indeed an amazing woman who will be greatly missed. During her reign she has seen 15 English Prime Ministers come and go. I believe she has met with every serving Prime Minister once a week for the past 70 years and not one of them has ever spoken one word about what was discussed at any of those meetings, ever. Pretty impressive that. RIP Your Majesty

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back