PEAX Equipment

Quarantined

Gellar

The wife got a call from the babysitter this afternoon that our 4 year old threw up and she needed to come get her. When the wife picked the kids up (4 yrs and 19 months) babysitter said not to bring them back until they had a COVID test even though they have no fever or any other symptoms. Of course my wife starts freaking out. The pediatrician says to bring them in and they did a test on both of them this afternoon. Said results will be back in 24-72 hours and we need to stay home until then. Other then the 4 year old puking none of us have symptoms and she’s been outside playing all evening after eating some chicken noodle soup and a 7up. Praying and hoping it’s no more. I should have got more beer before I came home, all we have is a 30 of Busch latte in the fridge.

Busch latte

Sounds like some fancy Busch!

Similar happened to us when it all started, we thought we'd just get my son tested and they made us all get tested and quarantine, ended up all being negative. Hope for the best for you.

Prayers for your family and the little ones. Id say the world is a little twitchy right now. As far as the babysitter or day care she's gotta cover her bases to. Good luck keep us posted

Thank you all for thoughts and kind words. I agree with you all she might be overreacting but she is great on all other fronts and the kids love her. It is an in home daycare so I understand the over abundance of caution. My wife will work from home and I will take the sick time. In 24-72 hours we will know for sure.

My wife's brother's wife came back positive with COVID yesterday. She and my wife's brother are now in quarantine.

I can understand the issue regarding being around other people if you have this, especially in a care facility of any type or a day care. I have been admitted in a secure floor of a hospital before.

No fun.

Prayers for your family. Kids being sick sucks regardless of the reason.

Best of luck to you. On the bright side, you're locked in the house with a 30 of Busch Light instead of some disgusting microbrew.

Daycares are in a tough spot. Our is pretty relaxed about letting sick kids still come. It's nice sometimes, but our entire family gets sick a lot because of it. I'm working from home today with a nasty cold because of something those booger factories brought back.

Best of luck to you. On the bright side, you're locked in the house with a 30 of Busch Light instead of some disgusting microbrew.

Daycares are in a tough spot. Our is pretty relaxed about letting sick kids still come. It's nice sometimes, but our entire family gets sick a lot because of it. I'm working from home today with a nasty cold because of something those booger factories brought back.

No way, if you're going to be stuck at home with those little petri dishes you need something stronger to kill the germs, Busch isn't going to cut it! It's amazing how much more I get sick during cold season now that we have kids in school. Every year I consider moving all my stuff out to their treehouse and just living out there.

Also, I apologize for calling your babysitter an idiot, maybe she's really nice, but my wife's clinic is a FURI clinic now and the number of people coming in who are convinced they have COVID and think they're dying is getting ridiculous...

Last edited:
day cares need to send sick kids home, it's actually the law in some states. Sick is defined (at least when my kids where in daycare) as fever or vomit.

My wife's brother's wife came back positive with COVID yesterday. She and my wife's brother are now in quarantine.

I can understand the issue regarding being around other people if you have this, especially in a care facility of any type or a day care. I have been admitted in a secure floor of a hospital before.

No fun.

Prayers for your family. Kids being sick sucks regardless of the reason.

scary stuff. Hope all get well ASAP.

No way, if you're going to be stuck at home with those little petri dishes you need something stronger to kill the germs, Busch isn't going to cut it! It's amazing how much more I get sick during cold season now that we have kids in school. Every year I consider moving all my stuff out to their treehouse and just living out there.

Also, I apologize for calling your babysitter an idiot, maybe she's really nice, but my wife's clinic is a FURI clinic now and the number of people coming in who are convinced they have COVID and think they're dying is getting ridiculous...
No worries about the daycare lady.
Unfortunately on the beer issue the only craft beer at our closest gas station Is a few choices from toppling Goliath Brewery which is all good but when they sell it for $10 a 4 pack it’s not that good!

Back