Public Land Selloff

Elkoholic30

The public land sell-off is only one example, albeit an extremely important one, of the disconnect between our government and its people. It is encouraging to see some wins against the land auction bill, but there is more fight to fight. I applaud group organizations... notable mentions to RMEF, TU, TRCP, Boone & Crockett, Back Country Hunters and Anglers...tossing their hats in the ring, but I feel strongly that individuals need to step up and increase communication to leaders in our local, state, and federal government. Even if it is a simple note, phone call, or filling out a form letter on their website I encourage you to take that step. As I don't want to be the kettle calling the pot black, attached is the letter I drafted (First Attachment) that has been sent to the US Senators who voted yes on SA838 (Second Attachment). I encourage you to do the same, or better.

Regards-
One voter hoping to influence just a couple more...

Attachments

• Public Land Selloff.pdf
    130.5 KB · Views: 112
  • SA 838 Votes.pdf
    132.4 KB · Views: 313
As the movement to steal the public lands tries to take on a national flavor, it is popping up as news-worthy in national media. This one from the LA Times rolls back the covers a bit on the backers of the idea. I expect as the spotlight gets a little brighter, the incestuous self-serving minds promoting the cause will be revealed for what they are and will wilt under the more intense heat that comes with a national level discussion.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-ff-land-battle-20150510-story.html#page=1

That is a great article. Incredible qoute "It's not about the money. It's about the principal".

The public response has been impactful and the more light shined on the intentions of the inner workings of this political machine at work the better. It is my opionion that it was designed to allow the bad idea of a land grab fester until a later date, when hopefully, it would seem like not such of a bad idea.

As the movement to steal the public lands tries to take on a national flavor..

Hey - it worked for Vladimir Putin and his cronies, why not here? You too can be an oligarch.

The only way we are going to stop this is with public pressure. Thank you for the reminder.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back