MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Problems with Bass Pro Shops/Cabela's

Resurrecting a zombie thread.

Anyway, Ive really not had any more trouble with Cabela's than any other big retail chain. I used to get 2/3 or more of my reloading components just using Cabela's points from the card. These days they seem about as out of stock as everyone else, so I really don't see a problem. They only "Cabela's" brand item I have is a pair of snow gaiters which actually fit and work very well.

I bought the Stone Glacier pack in October because it was made here, but now I understand that a lot of their clothes are made in China! Disappoints the hell outta me. I like the guys, but now my loyalty has been shaken. As for bipods for my rifle, I bought a Hatch Outdoors from Idaho. Nice people. Great quality.

Maybe we should have a thread of all American-made retailers, huh? Desert Dog Outdoors tries to publicize American manufacturers. I'm all for that. Screw the enemy. They ain't our friends. Tariff the shit outta them.

May get worse now that Vista purchased SG.

Has anyone else recently experienced problems when ordering items from Bass Pro Shops or Cabela's? In the past month, I have made 2 orders on Cabela's and one order on Bass Pro Shops and every time, I have had part of my order canceled. Twice they have canceled an order for ammunition, once for a pair of shoes and once for a trail camera. Each time, the website reflects that the item is in stock and available to ship and about 12-24hr later, I receive an email saying my order is canceled. They don't delay the order in an effort to restock the item or source it form a 3rd party vendor, they just cancel on you. If you contact customer service via phone they just say, "sorry, we ran out." If you email, you get no response.

I'm done with them at this point. The internet gives me too many options of vendors who can perform basic retail functions like accurately reflecting inventory available for purchase. This may sound stupid but it kind of breaks my heart. As a kid, I use to get so excited for the Cabela's catalog to come and now I feel like the store is just trash. I feel like both stores have declined significantly since merging. I have a local Cabela's store in Gainesville, VA, and the customer service there is terrible. I spoke to a salesman once about a rifle and he was nothing short of a total jerk who acted like he was too busy to answer my questions about a rifle. Anybody else experiencing similar issues?
Yes I e had similar experiences after they were bought by Bass Pro

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back