PRO TIP #217

Pro tip close the tail gait !!!
I was in Kansas whitetail deer hunting when I finished up with my morning hunt and walked back to the truck I put my bow in the case and put in the bed of the truck forgot to close the tail gait. I did not realize it until I drove into town about 20 miles later when I stopped to get a coffee and noticed my tail gait was down and my bow was missing. 🤦‍♂️ Luckily I drove back to where I parked my truck and there was my bow in its case in the ditch.

you'd think that with the "door ajar" functions they'd do a tailgate ajar function too. And hope you don't take offense to me laughing at that situation haha!

Pro tip: Close the door to your truck when leaving to go hunt, I think Andrew learned that this year didn't he @mtmuley

Also put your keys in your pack, in a SAFE spot.

My dad always leaves his key under the gas flap , especially if hunting with friends so anyone can move the truck depending on the situation

Last edited:
I gave up on trying to protect new trucks. I came to the conclusion that it was a tool and it had a job. If it couldn't get me into the woods and onto the water while getting a few scratches and dings, then I might as well trade it for a Yaris and stay indoors.

you'd think that with the "door ajar" functions they'd do a tailgate ajar function too. And hope you don't take offense to me laughing at that situation haha!
No offense taken. If you cant laugh at your mistakes and dumb things you have done, life would be pretty miserable

Oh Here's another one. Call it #231. Don't ride your bike anywhere near freshly mowed multiflora rose. I managed to pop 4 inner tubes and then had to walk my bike 3 miles back to my truck on flat tires.

232: I parked at a church with a light pole (cement) pylon right in front of my rig. Only problem was there was no light pole sticking up, and I forgot...hopped in after dark, took right off directly into the pylon like 2 feet in front of me. Shortly thereafter I had a surprise meeting with an irrigation ditch which exacerbated the issue. I can still get my hood open, but it requires a screwdriver in the colder months. It's all good; I don't park by those anymore though.

Pro tip #236: When dad says don't sight-in the rifles until he gets home you may want to listen. Otherwise, your little brother may get out of the truck, put the rifle on one side of the bed with the barrel pointed at the target, but with the barrel also pointed at the other bedside panel not realizing that what he sees in the scope is not the same trajectory as the bullet. After he put a hole through the bedside panel my dad didn't even kick his butt.

*will post a pic if I can find it.

Chips are a given,Az. pinstriping is a right of passage.
If you live in Az. and your truck doesn't have pinstriping...
It's Not a Truck! 😎

Pro tip #236: When dad says don't sight-in the rifles until he gets home you may want to listen. Otherwise, your little brother may get out of the truck, put the rifle on one side of the bed with the barrel pointed at the target, but with the barrel also pointed at the other bedside panel not realizing that what he sees in the scope is not the same trajectory as the bullet. After he put a hole through the bedside panel my dad didn't even kick his butt.

*will post a pic if I can find it.
I know a guy that did that only shooting at a deer. Yes he was shooting from the road which is illegal, unethical and just plain stupid. He got what he deserved because the deer didn't react to the shots so he put three rounds through the opposite side of the bed before he realized what was going on.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back