MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Crack and a deal with the devil.

Hilljackoutlaw

So I was at Albertsons today doing some work I finished up about 11:50am and headed out the front door to go to my next work location. As I exited the front doors I saw a truck driving away that looked just like mine and didn't think much of it, but soon realized it was actually my damn truck! So I ran towards to no avail. I immediately call one of my co workers to see if they were playing a trick on me. Not that I'm aware of he says. So then I call 911 and report my truck stolen. A cop shows up a few minutes later. I give him the story and we go and try to review video footage from albertsons cameras. The computer was not cooperating. So we dick with that for about 30 minutes when the cop gets a call. Apparently by chance a few cops were running surveillance at a trailer park in town on some trailers I assume they have a lead that drugs are being sold out of it when they saw a truck was stolen come across the scanner. It just so happened the perp had parked my truck in that trailer park. So the cops are watching my truck to see if anyone comes back to it. After awhile some girl in her 20s walks up to a couple cops and says I took that green truck and I was returning it to the owners and I made a deal with the devil so the devil owes me truck because of the deal I struck with him. Umm....OK then. So the cop at albertsons drives me over to my truck where the cops are still talking to the perp. I surveyed my vehicle and nothing was taken from it and nothing was wrong with it. The only thing is I think she smoked about 50 cigarettes in it during the 45 minutes or so she had it. It freaking wreaks. The perp was obviously mentally ill and on drugs. The cops ask me if I want to press charges and I thought about it and decided not to as it's just a giant hassle as I would have to attend multiple court hearings and miss work.

So lesson here don't leave your truck unlocked with keys in it. Where I come from this is not something you would ever think about happening, but I've learned my lesson. Though this could of been much worse.

Hope you all had a better day.

So I was at Albertsons today doing some work I finished up about 11:50am and headed out the front door to go to my next work location. As I exited the front doors I saw a truck driving away that looked just like mine and didn't think much of it, but soon realized it was actually my damn truck! So I ran towards to no avail. I immediately call one of my co workers to see if they were playing a trick on me. Not that I'm aware of he says. So then I call 911 and report my truck stolen. A cop shows up a few minutes later. I give him the story and we go and try to review video footage from albertsons cameras. The computer was not cooperating. So we dick with that for about 30 minutes when the cop gets a call. Apparently by chance a few cops were running surveillance at a trailer park in town on some trailers I assume they have a lead that drugs are being sold out of it when they saw a truck was stolen come across the scanner. It just so happened the perp had parked my truck in that trailer park. So the cops are watching my truck to see if anyone comes back to it. After awhile some girl in her 20s walks up to a couple cops and says I took that green truck and I was returning it to the owners and I made a deal with the devil so the devil owes me truck because of the deal I struck with him. Umm....OK then. So the cop at albertsons drives me over to my truck where the cops are still talking to the perp. I surveyed my vehicle and nothing was taken from it and nothing was wrong with it. The only thing is I think she smoked about 50 cigarettes in it during the 45 minutes or so she had it. It freaking wreaks. The perp was obviously mentally ill and on drugs. The cops ask me if I want to press charges and I thought about it and decided not to as it's just a giant hassle as I would have to attend multiple court hearings and miss work.

So lesson here don't leave your truck unlocked with keys in it. Where I come from this is not something you would ever think about happening, but I've learned my lesson. Though this could of been much worse.

Hope you all had a better day.
It took a long time to get used to not leaving the keys in the ignition when I went to college. Some small town habits are hard to break.

We’re Pretty lucky not to have too much trouble out here in the sticks. I leave the keys in everything. As a kid it was for 2 reasons, a neighbor may be broke down and need a truck to get home, and it’s better for a criminal to take it than come in the house. That said I always lock it when I go to bigger cities.

Sucks about the hassle and the smoke, but at least you got it back fast without things stolen and/or tore up.

Thanks for being the better person and erring on the side of common sense by not asking to press charges. Sounds like mental illness, but who knows…the criminalization of that or drug addiction doesn’t solve anything. Glad to hear you recovered your property with minimal damage.

Don't leave unlocked with keys in it? Hmmm. I think I learned that when I was 4. :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, glad you got your truck back. Since I very occasionally have to leave my pistol in the SUV, I always lock it. I have a buddy who leaves his wallet in the truck as a matter of course. It does seem to happen more when he rides to lunch with me in my vehicle. :)

We left our house unlocked for 28 years. Nobody robbed us. But they could have, easily. Now we lock it. My thought on this is that locking your vehicle is unnecessary most of the time and absolutely required at others. So I've developed a habit of locking it no matter what, even just going back into the house from my driveway to retrieve something I forgot before heading to work. No matter what, my vehicle will always be locked when required, even if I am distracted leaving the vehicle.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back