Caribou Gear

Primers in stock

Outlaw99

I don’t know if this is a good deal, but figured I’d post it up. It’ll prob be gone before anyone actually can use it anyway

Am I seeing this right? $250 for 1K small rifle match primers!!!
Their prices seem to vary wildly. They are $35/45 per 1000 on some brands and $250 per 1000 on others. They appear to have sold out of almost all except Winchester small rifle match which are $250/1000. I wonder if the prices that are reasonable will get jacked up as soon as they’re back in stock.

I would google the company, and check some reviews.

Sorry to post such a crappy link. im not a reloader, so I didn’t know. The current gouging is insane right now on all things ammunition

OP, the title of your thread is a myth.
You’re 4 days late on what wasn’t a big deal to begin with. Did you really expect any primers to still be in stock on a post 4 days old????

You’re 4 days late on what wasn’t a big deal to begin with. Did you really expect any primers to still be in stock on a post 4 days old????
Oh no I’m just saying in general, that primers being in stock anywhere is a myth. Believe me, I’m aware that whatever is in stock vanishes in minutes these days, especially if aomeone posts a link to a source. I have notifications set at several sources and have been 5 minutes late to the party only to have the source be out of stock when I click “add to cart”. If you are able to hit on a primer source these days, go buy a lottery ticket too, its your lucky day.

I bought 1,000 magnum rifle primers for $25 this past summer.
I bought 1k of CCI 400s for myself, and 1k of CCI 200s for my brother for $23.99 each. Later I added 1k of Fed 210s for my own use for $30. The Federals were right before the craziness hit. I wish that I would have bought more.

I usually buy primers when I get close to needing them, but after this dies down I’m going to start keeping at least 1k in the hole. I don’t get to shoot as much as I like to, but I do like to shoot. My daughter and I will hopefully get to shoot a bunch this summer in anticipation of an antelope hunt in the fall.

I’ve had a post-it note stuck to my computer since about April that says “10k sm. pistol primers”. Haven’t seen any at my online sources since then. Our local online gun sales site usually has a few large pistol and rifle primers for sale for around $100-120 a thousand. I think when things get back to normal, retailers will set prices around $45/1000. Expensive relatively-speaking, but compared to the price of a thousand rounds of loaded ammo of any cartridge, dirt cheap.

I can only buy primers locally.
Before the panic buying, they were sold in boxes of 1000 at our local Sportsman Warehouse.
Usually around $34 per 1000 for CCI, Remington large rifle, magnum rifle.

Back