Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Price Check - Elk Shoulder mount

What is the cost of an Elk shoulder mount (closed mouth & intact orns) from a reputable taxidermis

• <$1000

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • <$1201

Votes: 14 20.3%
  • <$1401

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • <$1601

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • <$1801

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • <$2000

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • >2000

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters

2rocky

What is the cost of an Elk shoulder mount (closed mouth & intact antlers) from a reputable taxidermist in your area?

my wife's elk that we took in last fall to one of the absolute best in the business is charging us about $2300. For comparsion, most guys around me are doing whitetail shoulder mounts in the ballpark of $400-$700 and he charges $900 for the ones he does.

The taxi I use here in the Springs (he has my muley from 2021 now) is at 1450 for and elk and now 850 for a deer (was 700 when I put mine in). He does good work.

my wife's elk that we took in last fall to one of the absolute best in the business is charging us about $2300. For comparsion, most guys around me are doing whitetail shoulder mounts in the ballpark of $400-$700 and he charges $900 for the ones he does.
What makes him one of the best in the business? Is the tanning better? Or just the look? Has he won awards?

What’s his turn around?

What makes him one of the best in the business? Is the tanning better? Or just the look? Has he won awards?
yes, he wins national awards every year. He is also a producer of his own molds and sells them.

What’s his turn around?
Its always 6-7 months. Nice and close for you too as he is in dodgeville.

yes, he wins national awards every year. He is also a producer of his own molds and sells them.

That’s good turn around time. I take my stuff for work to a guy in Elkader, about 30 minutes south of me. I don’t know what he charges for an elk, but I can tell you how much he charges for a pelican and a few other birds.

Cool. You would think not having a middle man on forms would reduce the cost not increase it.

Another members bison shoulder mount and euro cost $1,800.00 FWIW

Is that by chance Antlers by Klaus? Hes about the only taxi I of in WI and his work is amazing!

Is that by chance Antlers by Klaus? Hes about the only taxi I of in WI and his work is amazing!
It’s not Klaus. It’s Rickey Ridge Taxidermy in Dodgeville. Clint does great work in both competition and commercial work.

@seeth07 Who is the taxidermist? I am on the IL side and not horribly far from Dodgeville. The guy that does mine charges $400 and does a really nice job, but always looking for other options.

I got a price yesterday from my friend that does most of my taxidermy. They do good work. $1250 for normal shoulder mount mouth closed. 1500 for a wall pedestal. Turn around time is 7-9 months.

I envy you guys I paid 1500 for a wall pedestal deer mount recently. Could have shipped it south and back for less but I got it done in 6 months and don't have to worry about him flaking out. I think he gets 2000 for an elk.

I just dropped $800 for a goat mount today...turnaround time is about 1 year. His work looked really good. Wyoming antelope

Back