Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Powerball 1.9 Billion Tomorrow

It gets real frustrating when you buy 20 tickets and don’t match a single number.
The odds of winning if you spend $2 is 1:292,200,000. The odds of winning if you spend $40 is 1:292,199,980 and the odds for each individual set of numbers is still 1:292,200,000 Not much difference so I never spend more than $2 on a drawing. If you're going to get lucky, you're going to get lucky no matter what you spent.

Build a nice house on the farm, retire, buy a good coon dog, a nice truck and a good rifle. Bury most of it for harder times and keep enough out to get us what we need

My neighbor bought 40 tickets all with the same numbers picked. He hasn't figured out why none of them paid off. Sometimes it's best not to ask questions.
for real?!

The odds of winning if you spend $2 is 1:292,200,000. The odds of winning if you spend $40 is 1:292,199,980 and the odds for each individual set of numbers is still 1:292,200,000 Not much difference so I never spend more than $2 on a drawing. If you're going to get lucky, you're going to get lucky no matter what you spent.
Saved me $17 for the next draw. Haha!
My neighbor bought 40 tickets all with the same numbers picked. He hasn't figured out why none of them paid off. Sometimes it's best not to ask questions.
Not sure if we're not all in the same boat whether 1 ticket, 40 of the same (1 ticket), or 20 tickets with variances.

I came across this mathematician's explanation. Really blew out my Powerball victory candles :oops::ROFLMAO: and now...

"If you knew a dog was only going to bark once in the next nine years, you would have a better chance of guessing the exact date and time of that bark, to the second (e.g. the 12th second of 4:07am on July 15, 2028), than winning the Powerball."

The lottery payout is directly influenced by the number of tickets sold. The government takes more than half right off the start. I wonder what the amount the government keeps before the jackpot is posted? Example,,,,,$100.00 worth of tickets sold = $50.00 jackpot. $50.00 jackpot = $20.00 payout.

Saved me $17 for the next draw. Haha!

Not sure if we're not all in the same boat whether 1 ticket, 40 of the same (1 ticket), or 20 tickets with variances.

I came across this mathematician's explanation. Really blew out my Powerball victory candles :oops::ROFLMAO: and now...

"If you knew a dog was only going to bark once in the next nine years, you would have a better chance of guessing the exact date and time of that bark, to the second (e.g. the 12th second of 4:07am on July 15, 2028), than winning the Powerball."
An explanation I like better is "the lottery is a tax on people too stupid to understand math."😁

Hey in colorado lottery proceeds go to two trust funds that distribute grant money for things like conservation easements, neighborhood parks, fishing access, habitat purchases/protection, hiking/biking trails, and little bit straight to CPW.

It’s kinda like buying sheep raffles, except worse odds. So buy em up!

The odds of winning if you spend $2 is 1:292,200,000. The odds of winning if you spend $40 is 1:292,199,980
You sure about that?

I'm pretty sure it would be 20:292,200,000... still unbelievably small chance of winning, but a 20x improvement in odds (assuming they're 20 different sets of numbers.

You don't take the number of tickets off the denominator; you add it to the number of chances, the numerator.

I didn't buy one and saved enough for part of a gallon of gas for the trip to the Oncologist today.
Already won part of a win and hoping for a full win this morning.

Never gambled really in my life. A handfull of lottery tickets, $20 on cards.
Moving to NM has been a win.

Still don't understand how you only win $800 mil (before taxes) if the lottery is for $1.9 bil.......?

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back