Caribou Gear

Powerball 1.9 Billion Tomorrow

You would think that some crazy but smart rich person would use a computer program to buy tickets online with every combination of numbers. 292 million dollars to get them all and ONE of them would match. Plus all of the smaller prizes. Elon?

You would think that some crazy but smart rich person would use a computer program to buy tickets online with every combination of numbers. 292 million dollars to get them all and ONE of them would match. Plus all of the smaller prizes. Elon?
Chump change for some...

The best part is everyone gets all excited when it gets this high. It starts at like $20 million or something.

People won’t spend $2 to win $20,000,000 but they’ll spend $100 to win a billion. Always makes me laugh. People must be more well off than me to look at 20 mil and think it’s chump change.

I read a longform story about Jerry and Marge Selbee a few years ago that was pretty interesting. Since the movie was made about them all I can find it are short news stories.

Except when three people win it cost you more than you will win.
Yeah maybe. That's still 500 mil or so. You would also get 25 mil for the tickets that matched all 5 with no powerball. Way too much figuring for the 50K for each 4 number matches with the powerball. I would think that even if you split it 3 ways that you would still double your money. It also makes you take the annuity to get the full amount but if you could afford it in the first place who cares? It's all above my pay grade anyway.

Yeah maybe. That's still 500 mil or so. You would also get 25 mil for the tickets that matched all 5 with no powerball. Way too much figuring for the 50K for each 4 number matches with the powerball. I would think that even if you split it 3 ways that you would still double your money. It also makes you take the annuity to get the full amount but if you could afford it in the first place who cares? It's all above my pay grade anyway.
Taxes would eat your lunch, but at some point the prize money may be big enough for the expected return to be greater than the expense. I am not doing the math, but I would bet it is much more than one and a half billion.

a visit to meet Big Fin to figure out what to do with the tax purpose, then figure out what tag to enter for or buy with the help of the Big Fin team haha

I'd buy a ranch in WY, full of elk and antelope. Move my family up there and home school the kids - getting them away from all the crap that is "trying" to be taught in schools.

Probably get back into the cattle and horse businesses, open up the ranch to disabled veterans and terminally ill kids (and their families). Sit on my porch, with an ice cold Diet Mt. Dew and watch the sun set over my land.

A while back, my brother's answer to what he would buy if he hit the Powerball lottery... a US Senator.

I'd buy land, lots of land under starry skies above.

Hopefully it would be something that could be either put into an easement or transferred to public ownership.

Also, I'd indulge my horse interest without much concern for budgetary constraints.

I might actually buy a ticket, which would be a first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back