Powerball 1.9 Billion Tomorrow

I'd buy a 40 foot projection screen to place outside of @Tradewind's house so he can see me 24/7 dancing in just a thong & an elephant's trunk.

It would be a sexy dance.

A very sexy dance.

it would be the Lambada.
A toast to Lamb:

Here’s to Ben, a hell of a pal
To every gal’s guy and ever guy’s gal
He’s a brick, he’s a topper
He can sing, he can dance
And he frightens the horses
When he lowers his pants

All drink…

5. If you elect to be more global about your paranoia, use between 20.00% and 33.00% of what you have not decided to commit to a family fund IMMEDIATELY to purchase a combination of longer term U.S. treasuries (5 or 10 year are a good idea) and perhaps even another G7 treasury instrument. This is your safety net. You will be protected... from yourself. You are going to be really tempted to starting being a big investor. You are going to be convinced that you can double your money in Vegas with your awesome Roulette system/by funding your friend's amazing idea to sell Lemming dung/buying land for oil drilling/by shorting the North Pole Ice market (global warming, you know). This all sounds tempting because "Even if I lose it all I still have $XX million left! Anyone could live on that comfortably for the rest of their life." Yeah, except for 33% of everyone who won the lottery. You're not going to double your money, so cool it. Let me say that again. You're not going to double your money, so cool it. Right now, you'll get around 3.5% on the 10 year U.S. treasury. With $18.2 million (20% of $91.2 mil after your absurdly generous family gift) invested in those you will pull down $638,400 per year. If everything else blows up, you still have that, and you will be in the top 1% of income in the United States. So how about you not #*^@#* with it. Eh? And that's income that is damn safe. If we get to the point where the United States defaults on those instruments, we are in far worse shape than worrying about money.
If you are really paranoid, you might consider picking another G7 or otherwise mainstream country other than the U.S. according to where you want to live if the United States dissolves into anarchy or Britney Spears is elected to the United States Senate. Put some fraction in something like Swiss Government Bonds at 3%. If the Swiss stop paying on their government debt, well, then you know money really means nothing anywhere on the globe anymore. I'd study small field sustainable agriculture if you think this is a possibility. You might have to start feedng yourself.
6. That leaves, say, 80% of $91.2 million or $72.9 million. Here is where things start to get less clear. Personally, I think you should dump half of this, or $36.4 million, into a boring S&P 500 index fund. Find something with low fees. You are going to be constantly tempted to retain "sophisticated" advisers who charge "nominal fees." Don't. Period. Even if you lose every other dime, you have $638,400 per year you didn't have before that will keep coming in until the United States falls into chaos. #*^@#* advisers and their fees. Instead, drop your $36.4 million in the market in a low fee vehicle. Unless we have an unprecedented downturn the likes of which the United States has never seen, should return around 7.00% or so over the next 10 years. You should expect to touch not even a dime of this money for 10 or 15 or even 20 years. In 20 years $36.4 million could easily become $115 million.
7. So you have put a safety net in place. You have provided for your family beyond your wildest dreams. And you still have $36.4 million in "cash." You know you will be getting $638,400 per year unless the capital building is burning, you don't ever need to give anyone you care about cash, since they are provided for generously and responsibly (and can't blow it in Vegas) and you have a HUGE nest egg that is growing at market rates. (Given the recent dip, you'll be buying in at great prices for the market). What now? Whatever you want. Go ahead and burn through $36.4 million in hookers and blow if you want. You've got more security than 99% of the country. A lot of it is in trusts so even if you are sued your family will live well, and progress across generations. If your lawyer is worth his salt (I bet he is) then you will be insulated from most lawsuits anyhow. Buy a nice house or two, make sure they aren't stupid investments though. Go ahead and be an angel investor and fund some startups, but REFUSE to do it for anyone you know. (Friends and money, oil and water - Michael Corleone) Play. Have fun. You earned it by putting together the shoe sizes of your whole family on one ticket and winning the jackpot.
[/QUOTE]
Man, thats way more in depth than TicTok!

I would buy about 1,000 acres or more of farmland and farm on a larger scale than I do now for the rest of my life and a good chunk of land in the middle of nowhere in Wyoming, Montana or Idaho for a cabin to be built and able to hunt from. I'd set enough money aside for my kids to be able to use once they were 18 and would probably buy every gun that I have ever wanted followed by installing a vault in my basement. I'd also probably give my parents money to be able to use for whatever they wanted and go from there and I'd probably be able to finally be able to afford a nonresident elk tag to any of the western states.

Last edited:
I'd buy a 40 foot projection screen to place outside of @Tradewind's house so he can see me 24/7 dancing in just a thong & an elephant's trunk.

It would be a sexy dance.

A very sexy dance.

it would be the Lambada.
With $1 billion I figured you’d go much bigger screen than 40’. But, now there is no need for any screen as after reading that we all have that mental image burnt into our brain permanently.

A toast to Lamb:

Here’s to Ben, a hell of a pal
To every gal’s guy and ever guy’s gal
He’s a brick, he’s a topper
He can sing, he can dance
And he frightens the horses
When he lowers his pants

All drink…
Cheers to you, Harley

I’ll probably spend most of it on women, gambling, booze, and drugs. The rest I’ll probably just piss away.
main-qimg-82e157fbf2443e5cb456db82f400c26f.webp

Back