Pot and Guns?

And with chronically (get it?!) underfunded background check staff, I'm sure there's a lot of follow up on the form & medical MJ databases. Most admins thought it would be unenforceable and have let it slide. AG Sessions got rid of the memo that essentially decriminalized weed, but I think Jeff Sessions was just all hopped up refer madness.
He was really about fifty years behind the times on marijuana issues for sure.

What I find interesting, is that I know WAY more 60+ boomers who treat it like aspirin and coffee, than I know millennials who partake. I remember when WA was looking to legalize, one of my co workers (gen X) asked, "Who would ever do such a horrible thing?" I was shocked, I mean clearly half our office was already doing it in the evenings and weekends, and many had been for decades. It's way more prevalent than people think. Hell, I think I'm the only one in my family that doesn't use it to treat joint (get it Lamb?!?!) pain.

It's way more prevalent than people think.
If there's one thing I've learned from my own history with the electric lettuce talking to people I know, this is the truest statement in this whole thread.

It's an IYKYK type situation, but if all the marijuana users in the world had to magically wear a scarlet letter tomorrow, a lot of non-users would be surprised at how many dirty reeferheads there are in this world.

If there's one thing I've learned from my own history with the electric lettuce talking to people I know, this is the truest statement in this whole thread.

It's an IYKYK type situation, but if all the marijuana users in the world had to magically wear a scarlet letter tomorrow, a lot of non-users would be surprised at how many dirty reeferheads there are in this world.
1643738022348.png

Cannabis is one of the oldest cultivated plants on earth. For thousands of years man has taken cannabis with them on all their travels weather for hemp, medicine, or religous/ceremonial reason and sure recreational too. Our bodies have cannabanoid receptors. Almost as if it's completely natural for humans to consume cannabis.

Self control and moderation in anything in life is needed.

What I find interesting, is that I know WAY more 60+ boomers who treat it like aspirin and coffee, than I know millennials who partake.
I think they all got too high and have been to distracted by the silent generation screaming at each other to literally do anything...

Legalizing weed and decriminalizing other drugs for personal consumption is the way to go!

It would definitely alleviate the justice system and give LEO time to concentrate on actual crime, not addiction or personal issues. @hank4elk as an ex LEO, in your opinion, how much time have you wasted on people for small quantities that were clearly for personal consumption or due to addiction issues, which is a medical condition?
A medical condition is normally started by choice. I don't cut people with drug or alcohol addiction any slack unless they are actually doing something to correct the problem. Slowing down is not fixing the problem nor working on it. If the addicts were stopped the sellers would no longer have a market! We are not going to stop the addicts and seems to me far to little is done to stop the suppliers! I believe as SaskHunter does; decriminalize drugs use! Drugs or not in your system, you are reasonable for what you do. The drugs are in your system because you put them there! You had a choice and took the wrong one!

Cannabis is one of the oldest cultivated plants on earth.

Since the dawn of time, pottery 101 students have been making really ugly bongs that ultimately get left behind when they move out of their dorm rooms and into their first group home which has 14 people in a 4 bedroom craftsman that is in desperate need of asbestos removal and much, much better fire alarms thanks to that jackass who lit an everclear infused watermelon on fire and then slung it around the whole damned kitchen, ensuring you'd never get your damage deposit back.

Or so I've heard.

Since the dawn of time, pottery 101 students have been making really ugly bongs that ultimately get left behind when they move out of their dorm rooms and into their first group home which has 14 people in a 4 bedroom craftsman that is in desperate need of asbestos removal and much, much better fire alarms thanks to that jackass who lit an everclear infused watermelon on fire and then slung it around the whole damned kitchen, ensuring you'd never get your damage deposit back.

Or so I've heard.
@Ben Lamb - I had no idea you went to school at U of Idaho?

A medical condition is normally started by choice. I don't cut people with drug or alcohol addiction any slack unless they are actually doing something to correct the problem. Slowing down is not fixing the problem nor working on it. If the addicts were stopped the sellers would no longer have a market! We are not going to stop the addicts and seems to me far to little is done to stop the suppliers! I believe as SaskHunter does; decriminalize drugs use! Drugs or not in your system, you are reasonable for what you do. The drugs are in your system because you put them there! You had a choice and took the wrong one!
This is an outdated line of thought; addiction is a disease just like coronary artery disease, heart failure, cancer, and diabetes. Some of these chronic conditions are "started by choice," or exacerbated by lifestyle choices, but genetics play a far more important role. I don't feel the need to link the thousands of studies that have been conducted on the topic of addiction as a disease cuz they're everywhere for you to find.

Addiction isn't really a choice, the addict's brain is different than the non-addicts. Just like people with depression and anxiety. I see this all the time in my work as a nurse. The addicts/alcoholics that are in and out of the hospital all the time are miserable, and none of them want to live the way they do. Still, even though the addict is not responsible for being an addict, they are responsible for the repercussions of their decisions.

This is an outdated line of thought; addiction is a disease just like coronary artery disease, heart failure, cancer, and diabetes. Some of these chronic conditions are "started by choice," or exacerbated by lifestyle choices, but genetics play a far more important role. I don't feel the need to link the thousands of studies that have been conducted on the topic of addiction as a disease cuz they're everywhere for you to find.

Addiction isn't really a choice, the addict's brain is different than the non-addicts. Just like people with depression and anxiety. I see this all the time in my work as a nurse. The addicts/alcoholics that are in and out of the hospital all the time are miserable, and none of them want to live the way they do. Still, even though the addict is not responsible for being an addict, they are responsible for the repercussions of their decisions.
Thanks for stating that more clearly than I would have been able to. You hit the nail on the head.

It's more complicated than that my dude! It is not only a medical condition but it can be brought on by various socio-economic issues, among other things.

A good example of that are the victims and families of the Residential School System here in Canada https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Indian_residential_school_system

Some of the survivors were face with years of abuse, neglect and experienced continuous traumatic events. The victims lost their identities, culture, language, etc and thrown into a world they knew nothing about and left to starve/die. Some of these individuals later on in life turned to drugs and alcohol as a way to cope in a system/society that treated them like crap and didn't believe what had happened to them was real, and even if it was nobody cared because they were indigenous. In turn, some of these affected individuals had children, these children's lived in families/communities riddled with addiction issues and crime. The kids, were now growing in a similarly messed up environment and so did their children, and so on. Obviously not saying this happened to all of them, but we still see it today in our communities. I see it a lot when I respond to medical calls, the grand parents are gooned out of their mind, they called 911 for their child who are having a medical emergency due to drugs/alcohol, all the while the patient's kids are just chilling watching mom convulsing on the ground with a look on their face saying "bruh, trust me I've seen worst".

It's easy to pass judgement when you are not affected by it.

Excuse me. My son has depression and I have it also. It effect's our lives' greatly. My son is also an alcoholic that started treatment by choice. He got into heavy drinking by his depression drugs not working and turned to alcohol to medicate himself. It was choices he made, and it has cost a good bit to him. But they were his choices to make. I have had choices to make also with my depression. would be very easy to cast them off as genetics and let other's deal with it but I don't. Or as my son, I could self-medicate with alcohol, I don't. Want to know about depression, just ask I'll tell you all I know as someone who has it. Addiction IS A CHOICE! If not, my son wouldn't be working on it now, he's over one year sober. I know two other people that are recovering from alcohol addiction, neither has had a drink in over 40 yrs now, IT IS A CHOICE! Don't feed me the oh poor me crap that allows it to continue. People should except the return on bad choices they make!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back